before you read.

STORY TIME:
So, on April 22nd and 23rd, I saw a band that has been in my life since (virtually) the very day I was born—and thus has been one of my all time favorites—for their 15th Anniversary Tour. And during the second night, when they were performing their second album in full, I came up with an idea.

I decided to make a short story based on that second album, what is known as In Love and Death.

CLARIFICATIONS:

- While this will be based on the album's entirety—every single song—it will not be in order for plot-developing reasons.

- Most people probably won't assume, but in no way is this exactly the story that Bert tells through his lyrics. No matter how many people try to pick apart the lyrics he writes, nobody will ever truly understand what those songs mean to him because he'd rather not to discuss it—something he's already said before. This is just what the lyrics mean personally to me.

- If you have no idea what In Love and Death contains, or what Bert went through while the album was being created, here is a list of triggers that will definitely appear at one point or another:
     - mentions of depression
     - self-abuse (but not in the particular stigma of)
     - substance abuse

- The first chapter is literally all about religion. I do not care what your contrast or commonality in beliefs are to my character and I do not care if you want to call him out about anything. If you discuss/comment about religion (or any controversial topics) in this book, I'm going to block you. It's not needed.