megggg

I guess it was good i was getting out of the house. I mean, i love it out there, i just don't venture out much. I grabbed my backpack and walked quickly down the road, reaching the coffee shop I was meeting Meg at. I stood outside, as the heavy rain turned into a light drizzle. I saw her turn the corner and give me a slight wave. I guess I was lucky to have the few friends I had. We entered the coffee shop ordering our usual coffees. Our hips bumped as we walked side by side towards a booth, next to the window. There we sat, as I told her every detail of my early morning encounter with a stranger. My coffee had almost frozen over by the time I had finished. I checked my watch, hoping that I'd have enough time to head over to the bookstore. I'd have a half hour to get over there.

"Sorry Meg. I'm going to head over to the bookstore before it closes." I suddenly realised that she hadn't spoken since we'd arrived.

"No, it's fine! I'd be better be heading off too." I had a feeling she didn't just invite me here because she wanted coffee. I left the coffee shop just as the clouds were beginning to grow dark. It was almost 7pm and I had little time to choose a book.

I swung the door open, creating a faint chime behind me. I ran over to the young section and scanned the nearest blurb I could find. For a quick read it looked good enough. I counted the coins in my purse, turning around and crashing into a body straight behind me.