my part woo

i woke up to the sound of rain tapping on my window. it was way too early for anyone to be awake, as the sun was still sleeping and the sky wad dark, but i got up anyway. there was something about rain that made me happier, which is the opposite to most people. 

i pulled on my baggy trousers and jumper before trying to untangle my messy bed hair. slipping on my comfy shoes, i opened the front door and took in a deep breath. i loved the smell of rain.

as i got closer to my favourite coffee shop, it suddenly dawned on me what time it was. i checked my watch: 3:15. i guessed it wouldn't be open. 

i walked around for a while, taking in the sights and sounds and smells of everywhere i went. it was nice to be on my own, to wonder round without worrying about things that don't matter. i sat down on a small bench and decided to stay there for a while to watch all the things i don't usually notice. 

"hey, uh, are you okay?" i heard a voice say to the left of me.

"huh what hmm?" i say, startled. i'd obviously been daydreaming again. i looked up and saw a skinny boy wearing jeans that clung to his legs with an oversized sweater and coat. on his back was a small grey backpack with a cute little keyring of a fox on it.

"sorry," i apologised, "i got carried away staring at things."

the tall boy smiled and gestured to the space beside me, "mind if i, uh, join you?" he said with a nervous voice.

i smiled in return and shuffled over slightly, "uh, sure, go ahead."

he sat down beside me and looked me in the eyes, "how come you're out so early? you look kinda sad, is everything alright?" he said, looking down away from me.

"oh, i just went for a walk. the rain woke me up so i thought i might as well do something instead of going back to sleep," i replied, "thank you for asking though."

the dark haired boy smirked, still looking down, "it's alright, i'm glad you're okay."

"what about you," i turned to face him, "how come you're wondering around at this time too?"

he glanced up and me for a split second but quickly snapped his eyes back down to the floor, "i like walking around outside when there's no one else around," he murmured quietly, "i'm not usually very good around people."

"oh, me too i guess," i put on my friendliest smile and held out my hand, "what's your name, by the way? i'm caitlin."

he took my hand and shook it, "i'm christian, it's great to meet you."

his hand felt so warm and soft in mine. it sounds awfully cheesy but his hand fit into mine as if they were made for each other. i never wanted to let go. time seemed to slow down as i looked into his blue eyes, his hand still holding on to mine. as i blinked, time sped up once more. his hand slipped away from my grasp and onto his lap again. i looked down, suddenly aware of how long i'd been staring at him. 

we talked for a while about nothing. it was nice. i felt comfortable around him, like i'd known him for years. i don't know how long we'd been talking for, but the rain was getting more intense. when i left, it was a slow drizzle, but now it was pouring down. we were both soaked but neither of us cared.

"i should really go, i'm sorry," christian said, lifting himself up off the bench, "if i'm gone for too long, people might worry about where i am."

i looked up at him. i wished we could have talked for longer, but it was probably time for me to get going too. 

 "alright," i stood up too, "it was really lovely to meet you, christian." i smiled, trying not to show how much i wanted him to stay. i was about to turn and walk away when he pulled me into a hug. it was the most wonderful hug i've ever received. he hugged me tightly for what seemed forever, but was probably only a few seconds. before pulling away from me he whispered, "thank you for putting up with me."