Your Forever is All That I Need

-----Dani's Point of View-----

After walking into the room, I instantly feel the weight of grief. My eyes grazing per every inch of the room before my eyes land on my brother. My poor, poor brother. He looks so broken... My lip quivers as I look at him. I hear Kaila behind me gasping as she sees him.

I slowly inch my way to the side of his bed, taking one of the seats. I don't notice I'm crying until the year falls on my lap and I can't see straight anymore.

"Bub..." I whisper, "please..."

Kaila comes over and squeezes my shoulder, "Hon, I'm gonna go get the doctor for you, see what's going on, 'kay?" She whispers and backs away to the door, opening it and then closing it as she slips out.

I close my eyes, and then open them looking at my very frail looking older brother.

"Josh, if you can hear me... Please do something... Anything." I say, watching him closely, nothing happens, "that's what I thought..." I sigh and someone knocks on the door.

"Miss Sparks? Dr. Evans." A woman in a white lab coat walks in carrying a clipboard. I don't both acknowledge her, but she speaks anyway, "I am Joshua's do-"

"Josh." I cut her off, "his name is Josh. He hates when people call him that..."

"My apologies, I am Josh's doctor." She smiles at me but it doesn't reach her eyes, I think to comfort me but it has the opposite affect... It turns my stomach, "like I was say, Josh isn't in the best condition, nor the worst, but-"

"Just tell me what's wrong with him..." I cut her off again, my voice sounding very weak.

She glares at me but I don't care, I have to know, "the car crash lacerated his spleen. That is the worst of his injuries, though, and that isn't that bad. He won't even need surgery to fix his spleen, just plenty of rest and when he is discharged, he will need to go home and get plenty of rest and quiet or the laceration could bleed again."

"If it isn't that bad, then why isn't he awake?" I say, not believing her completely.

"Were you not listening?" He says, a slight edge to we voice, "I said that he need rest. He is on pain medicine for the pain, he is pretty much out of it. Could be for a few days."

I nod, "Where's my mom and my friend?"

"Your mother is in the room adjacent to this one, your friend is getting you some coffee."

I can't help the smile that passes my lips when she mentions Kaila attending to my caffeine addiction.

The nurse leaves me with Josh, Kaila coming in soon after with her hands wrapped around two cups of coffee. I sigh, "thank you!"

"No problem, hon. Now that we know that your brother is okay, what are we going to do about..." She trails off.

"The boys..." I pick up and we both nod.

"The nurse could have TOLD ME that he wasn't that bad! We could have stayed longer. At least have given them our numbers. And... MY SHOES!" I exclaim, "I forgot my chucks!"

Kaila laughs, "maybe we'll see them again. And he'll have your shoes."

I giggle and smile, inside hoping that we will see them again... Soon.

{{A/N: FILLER CHAPTER. DON'T HATE ME. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER.

ONLY 5 CHAPPYS LEFT! 😭😭😭😭😭}}