Chapter Eight

Hope you like this chapter. Only two chapters left in this part. I know I'm moving rather quickly through this story, just trying to cover the important parts. Let me know what you think!

Chapter Eight

That morning I managed to get a seat at breakfast near Luna even though I arrived pretty late. I was surprised to see that Cathal didn't save me a seat. When I arrived and said good morning to him at breakfast, he told me he didn't know if I was coming or not considering how weird I was acting lately. Ignoring Cathal's comment, I simply smiled and made my way over to an open seat near Luna. I was facing the Slytherin side of the table and noticed Draco falling asleep on the table. Was he not sleeping at night or something?

I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and I jumped while placing a hand near my heart. "Harry," I said turning around and looking at him. "You scared me."

"Er, sorry," he said with a quick laugh and then sat down. I have been trying to avoid Harry until I figured out what to do about my father's 'task for me'. "Listen, I have an idea of what's going on with...Draco." I gave him a dry look.

"Harry..." I replied shaking my head.

"No listen," he replied in a whisper. "I've been watching the map and Draco just disappears." That claim caught my attention. Harry was nice enough to let me study the map often and I've never seen anyone disappear. Now I was interested.

"Like, his name disappears?" I asked curiously. That was impossible, unless that map was getting old and losing it's charm...but why would it only be Draco's name?

"Yes," Harry answered. "And I think I have an idea why. He disppears on the seventh floor every time." I thought for a moment. Harry looked at me as if there was a hidden message in all of this.

"I've run into him there at the most random times of day," I pointed out shaking my head. It couldn't be... "The room of requirement." Harry nodded. 

"That's what I was thinking," Harry answered. "Would you want to test it out with me?" Harry asked and I nodded. I was all for figuring this out. We left breakfast quickly and Harry went to get the map. We decided that I was going to enter the Room of Requirement and Harry was going to watch my name. 

Once he got the map from his dorm, Harry stayed down on the sixth floor and I went up to the seventh floor. After opening the entrance to the room, I stepped inside. I really didn't plan on what I wanted it to be, I just imagined being inside. When I got in there it was a mess. It looked like an old attic that was filled with unwanted items. I looked around curiously, such strange and random objects. When I got back out there, Harry was waiting outside with a knowing look on his face. "Your name disappeared," Harry told me. "So it's true! Draco is going into the room of requirement."

"Why though?" I wondered. 

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out," Harry said determined.

A few weeks passed, I didn't have much time to help Harry because my O.W.L.s were coming up. Cathal studied with me a lot, but things were different. He acted like I was hiding something from him, of course I was, but I wasn't going to tell him. I hadn't gotten any new letters or information from Harry. One night the black owl arrived and I realized it was my deadline. I made up a lie in the letter to my father on how Dumbledore was working on defensive spells with Harry and made it seem very convincing. I mentioned how Umbridge deprived us of using spells last year so Dumbledore wanted to catch him up. I didn't actually know what they were doing, but I wasn't going to ever give that away. O.W.L.s also took place that week. I was so distracted by my task, that my studying slipped away a bit. Luckily I have been preparing for these all year, so I felt as if I did my best. I'll have to see what happens.