No One Said This Would Be Easy | 5

Chapter 5: Don't Get Too Attached, You Won't Be Here For Long. 

 5:52 P.M., New Bedroom

This house was like a labyrinth game; I kept rounding corners upon corners and felt as though I end up back at square one each time.

What does a person have to do around here to find a bathroom? Every door looked the same and these hallways were endless, I’m doomed.

I blindly wandered about until I found the door to my bedroom. The only reason I could distinguish this door apart from the others was because I smacked an old Skaters Only sticker on it as I scurried to find a bathroom.

I walked into my bedroom and grimaced. My new living situation is less than satisfactory. When I first entered the room it was a disaster; clothes everywhere, some horrible lingering odor, and enough unpacked boxes to make you think you had walked into the backroom of Goodwill.

You’d think with a house this monstrous this family would have a room or two to spare. Also, I never packed, so I don’t understand how all of my stuff was littering the place already. Besides that, I think the most unsettling part of this new room was the amount of crud lying around that wasn't mine. I’m pretty sure the majority of the odor-carrying objects in this room belonged to a male and I don’t even want to think as to why that would be in here.

I hadn't properly searched the room, so maybe there’s an en suite bathroom?

I opened the first door and immediately slammed it shut. Some of my old dresses and skirts were hanging in there, it infuriates me to think someone just went about my stuff packing, rummaging, and rearranging as they pleased. Does privacy not exist in this 21st century?

The next door was another closet, this one filled with male clothes. Confused, I peaked further inside. The first thing to catch my eye was a bright red letterman jacket; on the back it said N. van der Windsor.

Who is that? Is this some guy’s room?

Then I slammed this door shut. Oh no, no, no, no! I remembered hearing Todd and Evangeline murmuring that name around me, was that the name of my potential fiancé? Did they room me with some stranger I’ve never met before!

“Damn this world!” I yelled before I kicked the closet door and continued onto the final door.

I placed my hand on the knob and I feel a weird warmth I hadn’t felt on the other two doors. I placed my hand against the door and looked down; swirls of steam were quickly evaporating through the crack at the bottom of the door.

Silly me didn’t think that maybe this bathroom was occupied before opening the door.

The first thing I encountered was a rush of damp heat as the steam came hurrying in my direction. My eyes focused on two blurbs in the shower moaning and touching.

“Ahh!” I screamed in embarrassment then I partially covered my eyes and ran out of the door so fast you’d think I was an Olympiad. I dashed out of the door and as I was going to exit the room the door slammed open and in the process threw me to the ground.

“Holy ugh.” I mumbled under my breath as I closed my eyes in pain.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry! I heard a scream and ran, I didn’t know you were right by the — Oh my.” She said as she lowered herself to the ground and held my head.

Suddenly you heard a loud thump of someone crashing into a wall and then mumbled profanity. “Mum, mum, is everything alright?” A dark-haired boy hurriedly said toward the blonde woman, Camilla Daisy, tending to my head.