June Bride

Hello readers! So just minutes ago tinanong ako ng bestfriend ko kung bakit marami ang gustong magpakasal during the days of June. Nag search ako kung bakit then na teleport ako dito sa isang website : https://tscpl.org/weddings/say-marry-june-youre-bride-life

Then I knew why. So tonight I'm going to share to you guys why a lot of brides want to get married during on the days of June. 

So the article on this website was posted by Cindy Packard on June 3, 2014. It started with a poem:

"For they say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life."

"Married when the year is new, he'll be loving, kind and true.

When February birds do mate, you wed not dread your fate.

If you wed when March winds blow, joy and sorrow both you'll know.

Marry in April when you can, joy for Maiden and for Man.

Marry in the month of May, and you'll surely rue the day.

Marry when June roses grow, over land and sea you'll go.

Those who in July do wed, must labor for their daily bread.

Whoever wed in August be, many a change is sure to see.

Marry in September's shrine, your living will be rich and fine.

If in October you do marry, love will come but riches tarry.

If you wed in bleak November, only joys will come, remember.

When December snows fall fast, marry and true love will last."

 So why? Why June?

Reasons:

*The month of June derives its name from Juno, the Roman goddess of marriage. It was thought that couples who married in June would be blessed with prosperity and happiness.

*During medieval times a person's annual bath (yes, you read that right — just one really thorough bath per year!) usually fell in May or June, meaning that June brides still smelled relatively fresh. The brides would have smelled more pleasant then than before but just to be safe, brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide their body odor. Hence the custom of carrying a bouquet when walking down the aisle!

*On a practical note, others chose June in order to time conception so births wouldn't interfere with harvest work.

*Also, ancient tradition promoted it would be most unlucky to marry in the month of May because in Roman times the Feast of the Dead and the Festival of the Goddess of Chastity both occurred in May. (I doubt that husbands would be too inclined to want their new partners mourning lost loves on their honeymoon!)

*The real reason in today's economy may be far more practical. If a person marries in June, he or she is considered to have been a married person for the whole financial year: July 1st to June 30th. As a married person was thought to have greater obligations than a single person, the rate of income tax collected was lower. So by marrying in June, a lower rate of income tax would be applied to the year's earnings, and a substantial refund would be received. This was traditionally used to defray the costs of the honeymoon. --- From the website.

Pero kung hindi pa rin kayo kontento, you can just go and hug google for more information :)

Thank you for reading readers! God bless!