Epilogue

"I'm getting married!" I heard someone scream as they entered the kitchen. I turned from my cooking to look at Lucy who was grinning so much I was scared her face would stick that way. She was holding up her left hand, pointing to her forth finger with her right hand. I followed to where I was supposed to look and found a huge diamond ring sitting there.

"Oh my god!" I smiled back, happy for her. "I thought he'd never ask you, chicken." I muttered as I pulled her hand closer to get a better look. He'd been carrying that ring around with him for ages.

"Wait. You knew?" She asked trying to sound shocked but her happiness was overriding any emotion at the moment.

"Of course I did." I glanced up at her. "It's beautiful."

"I know!" She gushed walking around the kitchen. "It was so romantic you know? Took me to secluded place, filled it with flowers and candles. Oh it was beautiful. He even got down on one knee!" She squealed. "He must have had help, a lot of help." She laughed turning to me. "I should have known!" She said seeing my guilty expression.

"He wanted it to be perfect! I couldn't turn him down."

"I don't care. The moment was perfect, thank you! I suppose I have you to thank for for the ring as well?" She asked raising an eyebrow well playing with the ring in her hands.

"Actually, he did that by himself." I admitted.

"Isn't Chad just the sweetest?"

"Yes. So, any wedding ideas?" I knew it was a bad question as soon as the words left my mouth. Of course Lucy had wedding ideas, she had millions and she blabbered them all to me as I continued with the cooking.

"Adele and Joe are going to look so cute."

"Yeah, Iris should be walking by then too right?" I asked looking around to make sure I turned everything off, didn't want to start a fire now did I?

"Yeah, I can't believe she's already 11 months. Only seems like I was holding her for the first time yesterday." She pouted.

"They grow up quickly." I nodded.

"Seth's visiting today isn't he?" She asked looking up at the clock.

"Yup. Should be here soon."

"Oh, is he bringing Jenson? I love him."

"Most likely."

"They make such a cute couple."  She said resting her chin on the palm of her hand.

"Hey where is Iris anyway?" I asked taking off the apron.

"Chad has her. She's going to be such a daddy's girl with the way he treats her. He just turns into a huge softy! She's got him wrapped around her tiny little finger." I couldn't deny that, Chad was definitely in way over his heels, wait until she turns into a teenager.

"Mummy!" A squeaky high pitched voice came before the small bundle of blond hair came running through the door. She hid behind my legs and peeked round still giggling.

"Found her!" Joe shouted between breaths with Jake following soon after.

"Are the boys ganging up on you again hunny?" Lucy asked laughing at Joe's and Jake's guilty expressions and they looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah!"

"Two against one isn't exactly fair is it?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Oh no, when mum gets involved we never win!" Joe whispered none to quietly to Jake.

"She's four years old, how is it exactly fair anyway?" Lucy asked. Joe and Jake just glanced at each other before running back the way they came.