Jace, The Mysterious Face

This chapter is dedicated to Bluefirewolfe for actually creating this character of his and making up some of this chapter!

Here's the next chapter!

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Claudia's point of view)

As I was walking down the staircase I heard Trace talking to his friend, guy, person.

"Long time no see Cuz! Your mom said I could find you here." His voice rang into my ears.

I peeked down the staircase to see them do some weird forearm grab and I almost laughed, guys could be so strange. I continued to walk down the stairs and when I came into view they stopped patting eachothers backs in that friend way.

This mystery guy whisled low and goes  "Jeez Trace, I didn't think you were old enough for the responsability." I bit my cheeks from laughing as Trace smacked him off that back of the head mumbling something about him being an idiot.

I walked up to them and smiled

"Hi, I'm Claudia." I greeted.

"Hey, I'm Jason, Trace's cousin, but you can call me Jace." He smiled back.

I got a good look at him, he must be about 21 years old. He was as tall as Trace with black hair that reached his eyes, but he tips were dyed red. His eyes were scarlet and he looked just like Trace. Considering they were cousins, I'm guessing their mothers must have been twins.

"And I'm Trace!" Trace chimed in. I face-palmed and shook my head. I really do live with quite an idiot.

There were some things off about Jace. His teeth were sharper than most peoples, almost canine like... and he smelled like a dog too...

I almost lept backwards at the sudden realization. He was just like me, a Neko of some sort, but he was a dog. That explained the hat he was wearing like I was.

"Oh and what was this about 'responsibilty'?" I teased him, if he was going to be hanging around us, he should get used to it.

"I uh, I ummm, I thought that you were umm.. and thats why Trace was living here...." He trailed off.

"Did you just imply that I was pregnant with Trace's child!?" I stared dumbfounded at him.

"Yes..." He watched me cautiously, probably waiting for me to pounce on him and strangle him.

But yet, I instead busted out laughing, I was laughing so hard tears poured down my face.

"Yo-u-'re fa-ce!" I gasped in between breaths. I finally stopped laughing after a few minutes.

We sat around and started to get to know eachother a bit better. It turns out I was right, their mothers were twins and they were very close. They seem more like brothers than cousins. I was still watching Jace with a close eye though, I wanted to talk to him in private, to see if he was like me.

"Hey Trace, do you think you can run to the store and pick up some soda for the house? Anyway it will give me some time to get to know your cousin." I smiled. The store wasn't far from here, it was just down the street, giving me just  enough time to talk to him.

"Sure, but be nice Claudia." He warned.

"Fine, fine, I'll let him live." I fake pouted. He just laughed and shook his head.

Once he was out the door I asked Jace some random question. While he was in the middle of answering it, I grabbed his hat and chucked it across the room. I was right, he had ears just like mine, except his were dyed red at the tops like the bottom of his hair.

He just stared at me wide-eyed, unsure of what to do. In his mind, he had just been caught as abnormal.

"I knew it!" I accused.

"Look please don't tell anyone." He begged and I laughed, earning me a confused look from him.

I took off my hat too, showing my cat ears.

"See, no worries, your secret is safe with me." I grinned at him. It was nice, knowing I wasn't the only one like this in the world. Then something else dawned onto me.

"Wait, does Trace know about you!?"

"No, my mom wanted me to keep it a secret from everyone. If I didn't know any better, I think she was ashamed..." He trailed off. I felt a pang of sadness for him, that must be tough. At least I don't have to really deal with mine anymore.

"Sorry to hear about that." I sympathized. I also felt a pang of disappointment at the fact that Trace didn't know about this, if he did, then I wouldn't have to hide who I am.

"You okay?" I heard Jace ask me. I looked up again to see his eyes filled with concern. I smiled, at least I have another friend, something I'm not used to.

"Yeah." My response didn't even sound believable, but I didn't care.

The next thing I knew I was pulled into a hug. I froze, unsure of what to do. Not having friends my life made me not used to things like this. He soon released me and I was thankful he didn't say anything. I was just glad I have another person in my life.

The front door clicked open.

We both went wide-eyed and scrambled around. He jumped off the couch and threw back on his hat while I put mine back on and got comfy on the couch again. We both sat down and pretended we were talking about something normal.

"So, Trace and Jace, that's cute, naming cousins alike." I faked, even though that was something I found amusing since I found this out. He just gave me a flat look, he must have heard that a lot before, and yet he still let out a small smirk and nodded.

"Sup, my fellow companions." Trace greeted as he plopped down next to us, passing us both sodas.

"Thanks!" I chirped and Jace did that head nod.

We continued to talk for awhile until Jace had to go, we walked him to the door.

"Bye Jace, it was nice meeting you." I gave him a quick hug.

"See ya later man." Trace gave him a man-hug and I just shook my head and walked back into the living room.

Not two mintues later Trace walked in to see me spread across the couch. I smiled up at him and he just sat on the other couch.

"I need to go finish my homework!" I announced in a very theatrical voice, but made no move to get up. Did I ever mention how lazy I was? Well I am.

"So go do it?" He asked, unsure of how to respond to that.

"Carry me up the stairs!" I continued in my "theatre voice".

"Umm no?"

"Please!!!" I begged. I heard him sigh.

"Fine." I heard him get off the couch and walk over to me picking me up bridal style.

"Thanks." I mumbled into his chest as I snuggled up to him.

After a few second I opened my eyes again and saw that we were upstairs, but he was not headed to my room. I watched him open his door.

"Trace!" I screeched as I tried to get away. He just laughed and held on tighter.

"This is what you get for trying ordering me around." He sang.

He kicked the door shut behind us, hes such an idiot sometimes...

I should just punch him in the face...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Sorry for the long wait!!!

(picture is not mine, I found it off Google, all rights go to whoever owns it. If it's yours than I'm sorry, tell me and I will take it off.) http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/sr/ro/op/boy-1.jpg