Blood and Loyalty

First Step
Amber's POV

Soojung laughed out loud as I tickled her feet

"HAHAAHHA... OPPA Stop! STOP! Don't tickle!""

I smiled and stop torturing her.

"OPPA! You're supposed to help me not torturing me" she playfully hit my shoulder

It's been 2 weeks since her physiotherapy began, she's showing progress. The doc showed me how to passively move her legs to help her muscle remember the movement again, we practiced two times a day. Soojung can already move her feet now, she's learning right now how to stand and walk. Her muscles allowed her to stand on her own but it seems like her brain forget the command to move her legs. She stood, concentrating hard to tell her feet to move but it just won't budge. The doctor tells her to be patience. The muscles weren't use for months as she laid on the intensive station, she has to learn how to walk again. But the doc was optimistic.

The next week we were both so happy seeing that she is now able to lift her legs when she hold on to a rail to support her weight. That afternoon we were practicing again.

I sit next to her watching her lifting her legs, training her muscles.

"Oppa, I'm so excited about school" she said

"It's next week, right?"

"Yes, Monday"

"Soojung, I have to go somewhere tomorrow, i'll be back on Monday noon"

"What?"

"I'm sorry. There's something I have to do for your Grandpa, he'll be the one taking you to school"

"But I want you to be there"

"I'll pick you up from school"

She pouted "I really really want you to be there on my first day"

"Mianhe, but I really can't"

"Promise to pick me up after school?"

"Promise" I said.

I looked how easy she lifted her legs, maybe....

"Soojung" I tapped her leg

"Yes, Oppa?"

"Let's try to walk"

"What?"

"I think you can do it"

"I can't, Oppa"

"DO you trust me?" I said and stood in front of her "Take my hand"

She blinked a couple of times but then reached out to me. I put her hands on my shoulders,I could see that she's afraid

"Jung Soo Jung, I won't let you fall" and put my hands on her waist, supporting her.

She nodded "I trust you, Oppa" she said

She concentrated to lift her leg, bit her lips as her leg obeyed the command and she managed to take her first step. Her body swayed to the right, her body still couldn't adjust. I managed to keep her balanced by holding her waist tightly and gave her her balance back.

"Oppa, I did it!"

I smiled and gave her sign to continue

Her knees are trembling, but she nodded. As she lifted her left legs she lost her balance, her legs couldn't support her weight anymore. I wrapped my hands around her waist and became her cushion as she fell on top of me.

I stroke her hair, she lifted her head. Our face are so close.

"Sorry Oppa" She grinned

I shook my head. "You okay?"