Chapter 5

Victoria was dressed in blue loose trousers that slung low on her hips, a striped sleeveless satin top, and wore simple brown sandals. She tried to listen if Derrek was still downstairs but could not hear any sound. She figured he got the message and hoped he left.

Truth was, she didn't really know how to face him after what happened. Almost happened. She took a deep breath and headed back down to Natalie. She went to the living room and saw Natalie -- and Derrek. As soon as they heard her approaching, Derrek walked over to her and Natalie just stayed seated with an excited look. Victoria glared at her friend before confronting the Alpha male infront of her.

"Gotta go back for a pack meeting. But I'll come by and pass for you girls later?" Derrek ran a hand through his hair peering down at Victoria.

"You should've already gone. It's not like I need to know."

"I wanted to say goodbye. You'd have wondered." He smirked at her. "I'll pick you girls up for the barbecue tonight"

"What? We're not going. Got plans."

"Really? Natalie said you didn't have anything on for tonight."

"Then she can go. I have other plans!"

"Sorry babe, you're coming with me tonight." Without another word and before Victoria could protest, he gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door. She stay rooted on the floor before shaking her head and went to Natalie.

"Is he a god or what?! I was sooo happy when I found out last night! And now, seeing you two together is even better than any romantic movie!" Natalie gushed as she hugged her bestfriend.

"Natalie! Please. I don't want to have a mate yet." Victoria pleaded to her friend.

"What? Why?"

"I don't know...I guess I'm not ready." Victoria answered quietly.

"But he seems to genuinely like you! I could have sworn you guys forgot I was even in the room awhile ago."

"I-I don't know. Really." Victoria stammered as she tried to reason out with her bestfriend. It was actually hard to deny that she was just as affected as he is, maybe even more. But she didn't want him to know that, else he might be too confident that he could win her easily.

"So you don't like his touch? Or that kiss he gave you?"Victoria blushed again and stood up. "Ha! You're not denying it!"

"Whatever." Victoria turned her back to her friend and let out a small smile. For the rest of the afternoon, the two girls decided to stay in and watch their favorite series. Natalie decided to drop the issue for the meantime. She knew her friend too well to push her.

*****

In the meantime, Derrek had just finished talking to his pack about the schedule of their trainings and was heading inside his house. His beta, Levi walked with him inside and decided to ask him about the barbecur tonight.