Tears and broken promises

Few moths later

'It's not real. This is not real! It's just a nightmare. Just another nightmare!" Elena kept repeating to herself. 

Everything was spinning. Time didn't exist for her. Ground didn't exist for her. She nearly forgot how to breath and didn't even notice tears on her cheeks. 

'This can't be real.'

Flashback

Quiet. It was the only thing you could say about Black family's house. Half of the Order was out and other half was asleep. Sirius and Elena were in the second part. Their bedroom was dark, only light was coming from the fireplace. Sirius was sleeping but Elena wasn't. She sat near fireplace to warm herself and with a book from Sirius.

She changed since Christmas. She wasn't so underweight like before, her skin was a little pale but not that much and her dimples were back.

She enjoyed quiet house. Nobody talked. Nobody screamed. Even Kreacher was nowhere to be seen. It was very peaceful but not for a long time. 

Suddenly, the flames changed their colour to bright green and someone's head appeared there. Snape's head. "Is somebody there?" he spoke quietly. Elena quickly turned her head. 

"Severus? What's going on?" 

"Oh, hi Elena. It's crises situation. That Potter boy had a dream about Black. He saw him at the Ministry tortured by You-Know-Who." Elena raised her eyebrow.

"What? That's impossible. Sirius is here. Sleeping."she get up and went toward a bed. She gently nudged him."Siri. Wake up. It's an emergency." she whisper to his ear. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled when he saw her but then he noticed her worried face. 

"What's wrong?"

She pointed at the fireplace and when he looked there he immediately knew.

"So, what now Snape?"he sigh and sat down near fireplace. 

"Your arrogant godson went to the Ministry of Magic. You-Know-Who gave him a false dream about torturing you there. He went to a trap Black."

~~~~

"Sirius." she spoke quietly when they walked threw Department of Mysteries. He turned his head toward her.

"Please be safe. I heard Bellatrix is here. Don't let her provoked you. You know yourself." she sigh and looked down. He used his hand to lift her head and smiled slightly.

"Hey, don't worry. I won't. Okay?"he interwied their fingers.

"Okay."she whispered and Sirius kissed her slightly.

"I'm always safe. Nothing will happen. I promise."

~~~~

"Come on, you can do better than that!"she turned her head when she heard him but what she was turned her blood into ice. Bellatrix's course hit Sirius into his chest causing him to fell back.

She saw the look of mingled fear and surprise on her husband's wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil, which fluttered for a moment as though in a high wind and then fell back into place.

End of the flashback

And there she stood. Her knees gave up as she fell on the ground and her wand dissapeared somewhere. She didn't hear Harry's screams. She didn't notice the battle around her and tears on her cheeks.

The only thing she was able to perceived was an antic doorway, the Veil , where her husband dissapeared knowing that he won't come back.
And then a weak, shaky voice escaped from her lips.

"You promised."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I nearly cried when I wrote this. 

Thank you so much for your votes and comments and that you liked this story. I really like to write this for you.

~Ronnie~