Epilogue: The fifth horseman.

Needless to say these four poems are not the whole story. There is a fifth horseman who does not get the same publicity as his siblings.

Nigel, or Kenny to his friends, let me rephrase that, friend. Was born into the same dysfunctional family as his brothers.

The boys witnessed a fair amount of domestic violence. Their father, Chaos, was often to be seen beating their mother, Iamanag, around the head with a wet haddock.

When the boys asked their mother why she put up with such abuse, she explained to the boys that their father saw this practice as sexual foreplay.

Nigel indicated that he understood, which distanced him from his siblings. The boys went their separate ways.

Nigel does have a steed of his own, which he named Dobbin. he bought the beast from a farmer who assured him that it 'went like the wind'. He discovered that Dobbin lived on a feed regime made up wholly of Baked beans, which goes some way to justifying the reference to wind!

Nigel can be seen on any day with his faithful steed, attached to a large cart, trawling the streets of South London collecting old rags and redundant metal which he turns into electrical items, these he then exports to China.

Nigel thinks that his brothers should be excused their poor attitudes because of their troubled childhood and the huge amounts of Creme-De-Menthe that they consume.

Nigel thinks that the world would be a better place if all the politicians were lined up against a wall and young people were allowed to practice their graffiti skills.

                                                             _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Owain Glyn