Practicing

They had agreed where they should be practicing and they had found a good place, a hundred miles away from New York.

They didn't want Adam and his gang to see them and attack them again. The place was very wide with many trees surrounding them and there were also places with no trees where Starr, Phoenix and Amanda could practice and not destroy the trees and nature.

They had bought many things, like camping gear so they could sleep outside, canned food so they could cook them on a fire.

"We should practice here until we deem ourselves ready." Derek spoke.

"And how do we do that?" Amanda asked him while crossing her arms.

"Well..." Derek mumbled while looking at the floor.

"I thought so. We must think this through, this is not a simple thing, peoples lives depend on this. Who knows what they are doing now? We must watch the news every few days and follow their tracks." Amanda spoke to all of them.

"We must practice day and night. We cannot let them win! They're heartless, you saw what they did to the army. They annihilated them!" Phoenix said.

"Then let's stop talking and begin. First we should practice by ourselves and when we get stronger we can begin practicing together and see how good we have gotten – agreed?" Axel asked them.

Everyone nodded "Good luck everyone!" Starr waved her hand and ran to where there were no tress, she didn't want to start a fire, she had to be careful. Phoenix and Amanda followed her but they went somewhere else.

Axel turned towards Derek "So, what are you going to do?"

"Learn to fly," Derek laughed "Going to try and climb up into the trees and fly from one to the other." the laughter turned nervous as he walked over to a tree and tried climbing up but failing miserably.

"You should learn how to climb trees before flying." Axel laughed and left Derek flustered.

Axel walked over to a large tree, he sat down next to it and leaned against it. He put his hands on the ground and closed his eyes, focusing deeply on every grain of sand under his hands.

He could feel the nature around him, the birds, the animals, the trees. He could feel them, the winds blowing through the leaves, the roots embedded deep into the ground. He began focusing deeply on the ground under his hands, slowly it started moving stronger and stronger and before he knew it, he had begun creating an earthquake.

"Axel stop!" he heard Derek yell, he gasped and woke up from his trance with a shudder and the earthquake stopped.

"W-what?" he mumbled as Derek ran over to him.

"Are you OK?" Derek crouched beside him.

"Yeah, just focused too hard I think." Axel chuckled.

"That was awesome Axel, you actually made the ground shake. You made an earthquake!" Derek practically squealed.

"Thanks for screaming in my ear Derek but yeah that was cool wasn't it?" Axel asked with a grin.

"If we focus enough we can all be this strong! I'm gonna go and climb that tree and fly damn it!" Derek ran over to the tree again and this time he would climb it. Axel laughed and gave him thumbs up.

Derek struggled for a long time before he could even climb up the tree, but he did eventually. He looked down and began shivering "This seems much higher up here then when I was on the ground."