chapter two; "you're so annoying."

Chapter two: “You’re so annoying.”

“Hey, staring girl!” a voice calls out, ringing in the hallway.

I turn around slowly, to see Harry pushing away the dozens of girls surrounding him, a grin on his face.

“Uh, me?” I ask timidly.

“Yeah, you,” he smirks, “Who else would I call staring girl?”

“Um.. no one?” I manage to say.

“I never did catch your name?” Harry questions me.

“Ashlynn. But you can call me Ash.. Everyone does,” I tell him. Everyone does? Good one, Ash.

“Well, if everyone does, then I’ll call you Ashlynn.” He smiles.

“Okay, if you want. But only my parents and my nan call me that, and you don’t look like my nan…” I laugh nervously. Why am I being so stupid? He probably thinks I’m weird now.

“Ahem, ahem?!” Erica clears her throat loudly, wanting to be introduced.

“Oh, and this is my best friend, Erica.” I bring Erica into our conversation.

“Hi Erica, I’m Harry.” He introduced himself.

“So I’ve heard. Seems like you’ve fit in here fast,” Erica laughs, gesturing towards the jealous girls behind him, who were gossiping amongst themselves.

“Erm, they just sort of… surrounded me when I went to get a drink of water…” he says slowly. It’s like he’s trying to kill me slowly and painfully with that raspy, British voice of his.

“Well, that’s what happens when you’re as buff as you are.” Erica tells him boldly. I put my hand on my mouth, laughing.

“Well, you speak your mind, don’t you?” Harry chuckles.

“Certainly do, and I’m proud about that.” she beams proudly.

“You should be.” He says. Is it wrong that I’m beginning to get a bit jealous of Erica right now? Yes it is. If I want to talk to him, I should start the conversation myself.

“So, Harry. Um, what do you think of the sch-”

“Hey, Har. Why’d you go?” Katherine coos, pouting. Har? And I thought I was weird.

“Oh, hey Kathy,” he replies coolly. They already have nicknames for each other? Wow, she works fast.

“Why don’t you come back over here?” she says, pointing to the place the girls had left for him.

“I’m talking to Ashlynn and Erica right now, we can talk later?” Harry suggests to her.

Katherine sniffs and mutters a small ‘Whatever,’ and walks away, her group of girls trailing behind her.

Harry turns back to us and winces, “Did I do something?”

“That’s Katherine for you. Better get used to it, doesn’t look like she’s going to leave you any time soon...” I mumble soft enough for Harry not to hear

Harry throws his head back laughing, and then sweeps his curly hair back into place. Oops, looks like he heard then..

“There’s about twenty minutes of lunch left, would you like to join us?” Erica chirps.

“Sure, why not?” Harry replies, and begins walking with us towards the cafeteria.

It went as good as I was hoping it would be. At first he was kind of hesitant, trying to play it cool. But then Erica stated that he doesn’t have to try and act like a bad boy in front of us, and Harry laughed and said he wasn’t trying to act like anything. But then his other side showed: the one where he said he could throw a tater-tot and it would land in his mouth, which he did excellently. And he and Erica had a milk chugging competition, in which Erica won, milk-mustaches on both of their upper-lips, which made me laugh like crazy. He told us his talent of juggling, and juggled our phones, where I was extremely worried he’d drop my phone, which he didn’t. And then the bell rang, signaling us to go to out next class. Damn that bell, it ruins everything… We said goodbye to each other, and Harry’s smiling mouth was replaced with a thin line. I want to know why he doesn’t show that fun side to everyone… in my opinion he’s more likeable that way.