chapter two - nurse's office

Me and Lamia sat down on the bed and waited for the nurse. Her name was Nurse Molly. She was a small, skinny woman with dark brown hair. She was my favourite nurse. She came back through and started asking questions.

"So, what happened to you two?" She smiled.

"Well, our beaker broke in chemistry and bits went flying everywhere. Mr Linch wanted to make sure we were OK." I looked at Lamia, she looked like she was thinking. Nurse Molly started examining us to check if we had any glass in us.

"Oh. That's odd. I didn't realise it before," Me and Lamia both looked at her. "Have you two always had a tattoo on your arm? They're nice." Me and Lamia stared at each other, trying to dig our way out of this situation. She jestured me to talk.

"Y-yeah. We got them... when we went on holiday to... Turkey. They allow teenagers our age to get tattoos" We smiled in relief as she brought the story. Honestly, I didn't notice it but it was a bit hard not to. I have no idea how or when it got there. We needed to go home, there were to many questions lingering about.

"Nurse Molly, it would be great if me and Lamia just went home and rested for today. Is that OK?" She looked at us both with concern and slowly nodded her head.

"Sure. If that's what you want." Lamia and I nodded at the same time. Nurse Molly stood up and handed us our bags.

"Right, go home and rest. I hope to be seeing you around tomorrow." We smiled at her and walked out of the door. Lamia went to say something to me but I didn't want to speak.

"Wait till we get home." I said. We walked from the school gate back home in complete silence. Both thinking about what just happened.