Prologue

So, this is Titans...verson 100...I think. Anyway, I know I have a ton of these versons and I'll be cleaning them up asap.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy and please comment!

Start...Now!

“I've never seen anything like him,” Ryan Gray muttered under his breath as he watched the scene play out in front of him.

A small boy stood silently in the middle of a large room. The room was circular with high walls that came together to form a triangular ceiling. There was plenty of light illuminating the room, shadows dancing along the walls as the occupants moved about. Two scientists stood in the back of the room, observing silently. The taller man with a dark goatee and square glasses made small marks on a clipboard before showing them to a woman with long black hair pulled back into a ponytail.

The boy in the middle of the room wasn’t focusing on them however. He was otherwise, occupied. The only sound in the room was his frantic intake of air. He was bent over, his hands on his knees trying to get more oxygen in his lungs because, as he well knew in the next few seconds, he wouldn’t have the opportunity to do so as well again. His long shaggy dirty blond hair fell over his face covering his eyes. The boy was no more than nine years old and was given the name Alpha, more of a number than an actual given name. Everyday was training. Put through rigorous tests and experiments to strengthen him. At age five, he could lift his own weight, age seven, almost an average adults weight. He was faster than most of the adults here, but they didn’t stop there.

They sharpened his problem solving skills, his reflexes, his agility, his fighting, pulling out with a fine tooth comb, any weaknesses. He was a well equipped machine, a super intelligence weapon, but they still didn’t let up. Every day was a fight for survival. The boy heard the familiar noise that drove a spike of fear through his bloodstream. The sound of a small machine starting up in the middle of the room, several meters away from his own location. It whined for a moment before a small cannon like machine raised upwards and aimed at Alpha's body. It had only been fifteen seconds before he had heard it turn off and was allowed to rest. They had been at this for hours with no sign of letting up. The scientists were getting a real show from this torture.

“Reflex and agility. Alpha test number 41,” the man behind the machine said into a small tape recorder, then addressing the boy. “Science talk for 'this is going to get a lot worse for you.'” He said with out a hint of sympathy. He flipped a switch and the machine coughed once. A large stuffed bag shot out of the front and on a collision course for Alpha. Reacting quickly, as he had done countless times previous, he dove to the side, feeling the rush of wind as the bag barely missed him. He rotated his body around, landing on his hands before pushing upwards flipping over again, missing the second bag.

The floor below him started to shake. He looked down just in time to see the floor tiles quickly begin separating. With in a split second, they were all about two meters apart from each other. The tile the boy was standing on, slowly at first, started to fall, on its axis. Instinctively, the boy quickly rushed into the middle, balancing it out. He raised a look, as if to say “You're kidding me.”

He turned back and his eyes quickly registered a third bag. Reacting quickly, he leapt into the air, rotating his body quickly to the side to nearly avoid the bag. A split second later his pain center informed him that he didn’t miss it. The fifty pound sand bag hit his angel bone and knocked him off balance. He fell hard, toppling to the tile beneath him. He started sliding downwards, where it lead he didn’t know but didn’t want to find out.

Rotating quickly, he grabbed the end of the tile, pushing against it with one hand, the other pushing against the tile adjacent. Locking his arms in place, he held there, suspended in mid air, pressing hard against the ends of the thin squares surrounding him. He breathed heavy, scanning the floor around him quickly before the machine powered up again, stealing his attention. He looked up to see the cannon turn in his direction and lock on.