12: The Honeymoon

After this chapter, things will soon start to get interesting...

We held the coronation for Jack soon after. Then we had the reception outside in the courtyard, where we all danced, ate cake, and spoke together. I was sitting at a table by myself, nibbling on a slice of cake while watching Anna and Kristoff dance together. Jack walked over to me while fiddling with his staff.

"All alone?" He asked.

"Not now since you're here," I replied with a smirk.

"Why don't you come dance?"

"I-I don't dance." I looked down at my small slice of chocolate ice cream cake.

"Come on!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my chair, leading me to the area where everyone seemed to be dancing.

"Jack, I really don't-"

"Like this," he interrupted, taking my hand and holding my waist, stepping side to side gently. I followed his movements. "There you go," he encouraged. I was dancing. Dancing with the winter spirit. He twirled me around in a tight circle before pulling me close again.

"I didn't know you could dance," I said to him.

"That was my same reaction when I first heard you sing," he replied. I blushed.

We danced the whole day out until the castle's clock struck midnight, marking New Years' day, eighteen-forty-one. Some people had left for home already and some were still dancing or sitting at tables. Jack and I had stopped dancing for a while to talk with friends and family until it was just the two of us conversing once more.

"So..." I began as I got close to Jack, who was standing but occasionally wandering mindlessly to other areas. 

"So...what?" He asked.

"Shall we leave?"

"Where?"

"To our honeymoon!"

"Yeah, I know but, where?" He chuckled and fiddled with his staff again as I thought of a place.

"I think I have somewhere special in mind," I said with a smile. He furrowed his brows in confusion. That's when I turned around and placed my thumb and index finger together at my lips to whistle loudly in the cold air. There was the sound of a loud rumble followed by the thick flapping of wings. 

My dragon, Blizzard, swooped down from the sky and gently landed in front of us. As he folded his wings, I noticed Anna rushing towards us with my bouquet in her hands. She handed them to me and placed her arms on my shoulders.

"Throw these to the crowd when you're ready," she told me before pulling me into her embrace. "I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I replied while trying not to get emotional. "We'll be back in two weeks." I backed away from her and went towards Jack for him to help me onto Blizzard. I mounted side-saddle due to my tight dress making me unable to ride normally. He had flown himself on beside me, taking my hand as Blizzard spread his wings and lifted us from the ground. 

When we were about fifteen feet in the air, I quickly tossed my bouquet back over my head towards the swarming ocean of friends. I squinted my eyes in curiosity of who caught it. Kristoff. He was holding the bouquet. I watched him turn to Anna, kneel on the ground, and hand the flowers to her. I knew he would propose to her at one point. She let out a high-pitched squeal of excitement and jumped around like crazy. Then she grabbed Kristoff and kissed him passionately.

Suddenly, I felt Jack peck me on the cheek, knocking me out of my thoughts. I faced him, the full moon shining brightly against us, and kissed his lips. He kissed back, allowing Blizzard to take off towards my planned destination.

* * *

We slid off of my patient ice dragon and let our feet dig into the snow. I stared up at my beautiful ice palace that was surprisingly still standing.

"I had a feeling we were gonna come here," Jack said as he tip-toed upon the railing to the main staircase. I rolled my eyes and followed him up. We pushed the door open slowly and took in the familiar cool atmosphere of the palace. He took my hand and led me into our room. The bed was still there, seemingly untouched. We plopped down on our backs and stared at the blue ceiling together.

"We should probably clean this place up a bit while we're here," I mumbled. "It's a little messy."

"What do you mean messy? It looks fine," Jack said back.

"Well, the balcony is broken, the chandelier is shattered, and I'm pretty sure my giant snow monster is still here. Not to mention the tiny snowmen that I sneezed up back in March when I was sick."

"Ah, I see your point."

We continued to stare at the ceiling, lost in our own imaginations. I am married now. I actually have a king...someone to have with me around the kingdom...someone to love and look after. I wonder if he thinks the same thing...

"Jack?" I asked.

"Yes?" He replied rather quickly.

"Promise me that you won't fall in love with another girl until I die."

"Elsa, I swear, you will always belong with me."

I smiled in relief.

"Then again," he started again. I furrowed my brows. "Maybe - just maybe - there will be another girl that I will love."

"Wait...what?" I asked him, my smile disappearing.

"She'll call you Mom."

My smile returned and I thought about what that would be like. If that was a possibility. "Yeah," I whispered. "Maybe."