(Chapter 8: Puzzles Can't Work Without One Piece) Damien's POV

Damien couldn't take it anymore. He had to find out what Eric meant. Eric had went into the kitchen to make a T.V. dinner, and Damien hadn't brought it up since; because to be honest, he couldn't find the words to form a sentence or better a yet a question to even ask. Now that he has been sitting down for a while, his mind began to throw all of these questions at him; and he wanted those questions answered.

Eric walked in holding two plates and two forks setting them down in front of Damien. Eric took the film off of his food letting it cool off. Damien stared at the food not really having an appetite.

"Eric, what did you mean earlier when you said that you had taken care of it?"

"Just what I said, I took care of it," Eric shrugged.

"But what exactly did you do? The body was still there at the house when the police arrived, so you didn't get rid of the body."

"No, but I covered your tracks."

"What do you mean?" Damien asked suspiciously.

"You're too weak, Damien. You don't have the heart to handle such crude matters, which is why I won't tell you anything that pertains to me. I have a few more steps to take care of, and once I do; you won't have to worry about anything else. So, pal, I suggest that you remember this. If you try to get in my way, then you will see how friendly I can be."

Damien stared at Eric unable to even think of a response. This man who sat before him, Damien didn't recognize him anymore. Apparently, Damien never knew who Eric was in the first place. They were friends for years, but now it seems as if Eric was an entirely different person who had changed in a matter of weeks.

"Who are you? I don't even recognize you anymore," Damien said.

"What do you mean? I'm Eric, the friend who saved your life from utter destruction. I'm the friend who used my influence to do the unthinkable; and if you are thinking anything different, then maybe I need to convince you how great of a friend I truly am."

Damien abruptly got off the couch and began walking towards the door, not truly believing what he was hearing.

"Oh, and Damien, I would suggest for you not to go to the police with this. Remember, I know people in high places."

Damien looked back at Eric to see that he was smirking at him. Damien glared at him and then opened the door and slammed it behind him.