Chapter 2 - The Royals

Another song that I fell fits with the chapter :)  

'Cause she's so high

               High above me, 

                         she's so lovely

                                   She's so high

                                             Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite

                                                                   She's so high

                                                      High above me'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 2 - The Royals

As I made my through the hallways, the sight that met my eyes left me astounded, yes, the students were all rushing towards their classes. It was the manner in which they were going that left me gobsmacked. The Sirens were using water to glide towards their classes, the dragons were flying on flames of fire, leaving a trail of smoke behind them and the elves were sprouting out of flowers and trees as though they were portals. I watched the scene unfold in front of me with my mouth hanging open and huge, bugged out eyes. 

Oh God, Oh God, what the hell have I gotten myself into?! This is freaking insane. I tentatively took my steps towards my first lesson of the day: history of the elements. I couldn't use my elements like the others so I walked. As soon as i entered I saw the teacher was an earthling as he seemed to be making benches out of logs and seating places using natures miracles, as i went and sat on an one seater log which was surrounded by pretty, little blue and red flowers I couldn't help but admire the beauty that was being created right in front of my eyes. There seemed to be flowers adorning every log, each colour vibrant and more beautiful than the next. It was absolutely exquisite. Once the teacher was done he went on sat on the highest tree trunk, which seemed to be his place, waiting for all the other students to arrive. He had blonde hair and dark green eyes which marked him to be from the Harir family. The family known to be one the most gentlest and the best of the best for teaching its Art. This academny had done justice by choosing a teacher from within that family. 

As soon as everyone was seated, the teacher got up smiling. 

"hello everyone, my name is Damian Harir, but I prefer to be called Dammy, I know that most of you before walking into this class must have thought: history - bo-ring in capitals. Let me just tell you its far from that, I believe in feeling things firsthand, everytime you enter this classroom you will see a new setting, I teach history as though you are there and believe me it is much more interactive and innovative that way. Today as you can see, there is a forest around you. However this is no ordinary forest, it is Elidhura, the forest of the elementals. As you all must know it is central to our history and the soul witness to our very first creation. The four elements were born on the same day and each has a different story, therefore, over the course of the next four lessons I will go through the history of each one, starting with earth. Before anyone says anything, i have to show bias somewhere, hence starting with my very own element." His eyes seem to be twinkling as he perched back on to his tree trunk and gradually began. The forest seemed to close in on us, engulfing us into it. I looked around and everyone was listening to, umm, Dammy? with rapt attention. 

"There was a woman wondering alone through the forest, her name was MIra and her whole village had been destroyed. It was prophecied that an elemental would be born into their village. All pregnant woman were slaughtered and the entire village was burned to ashes. Her husband had helped her escape, and she knew deep in her heart that he had paid the price of death. She knew she couldn't let her husband's death go in vain. As she ran and ran, she seemed to feel exhausted and run out of energy. Blood was trickling down her legs and feet from the scratches of the trees and the rocks on the forest floor. With all her energy spent and her painful contractions she slid to the floor. The baby was on the way, she could feel it. She pushed with all her might, until finally she heard the baby's cry. It was a little baby boy, she gazed at him wonderingly, he had emerald green eyes, and they seemed to be smiling up at her as she cooed to the baby. The baby started gurgling at her, so she went to put her finger in his little hand, when noticing that there sprouting was a little daisy. Her eyes widened, her baby was the earth elemental. She snuggled him to her, vowing to protect him from the evils of the world, his name was to be Adrian." The teacher claps his hands, and we all come out of our trances and images of the woman and baby fade from our minds

"That is the first story of how the earth elemental was born, as i describe the birth of the rest of the elementals, i shall skim over their growth period and so on with the story right the way to today, and so class is over with that, until next time'" He turns around efficiently dismissing all of us. I absolutely loved hearing that, my knowledge of history was not so strong. I couldn't wait to hear the history of the Air elemental and with that thought I skipped towards my next class: Element chemistry. We were taught about how to integrate elements together. For example, water and air together at the same time would make ice, fire and water would make a nice steam which would make the opposition blind temporarily, but by then you would be long gone. It was very useful because I had never combined elements together, as I never had the chance to work with other people. It was a gradual process. As i watched others, i saw flashes of different elements mixing together in varying amounts creating new elements and taking on new forms. This would most certainly be useful for the times ahead. 

Before lunch there was just one more class: Element combat. This is the one i was dreading, because I couldn't use my birth element, which in a way made me vulnerable, and I didn't like that feeling. I had eventually decided that I would have to use the water element, because of the bluey touch in my eyes, it would be simpler to pretend to be a waterling. As i combatted with a fireling, I could feel energy trickling out of me. Arrggh, if I used Air I would have kicked this guy's sorry ass. Annoyance swept through me, and I channeled that through to the water that I was spiraling around the fireling, until it took the form of a tsunami and engulfed the fireling. I waited until i could see steam rising, the fire had been put out, not just literally but physically too. I was pleased, it was about time this sucker went down. I did a little victory dance internally and helped up the poor guy, who was on the floor. OOOPS; maybe I overdid it just slightly, but atleast I walked out satisfied, I wasn't very good at handling losing. I had been trained to succed, not fail. 

Finally lunchtime, my stomach was growling at me, the sad part about my day was that I had lessons even AFTER lunch, whereas all the other had free time, which majorly sucked. I wanted to relax and maybe get to know a few people. With all the intensive lessons there was really no time to talk to anyone or make any friends. So here I was sitting like a loner with my tray of food in front of me. Gosh, what fun. Not. As I silently munched on my food, out of the corner of my eye, I saw three people walk together. I looked up, they seemed almost regal, a glow to them, they were beautiful. As I looked at all of them carefully one by one, I saw there was one girl and two boys. Th girl had ice blue eyes and dark hair like mine. Ok, so she's a siren. On one side of her was a guy with again dark hair but emerald eyes, he was an elve. Over on the girl's other side was a guy with hazel eyes meaning he was a dragon. After assessing them all, the only conclusion that came to my mind was: I was staring at the other three Royals. 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Author's Commentary 

Hello peopleeeee <3333

So here's the second chapter, and i know some parts are not great and maybe even boring, but please bear with it. It helps me to progress with the story and hopefully this part isn't all bad, and maybe you guys will like it *hopeful look* 

Moving on, I know that it took me a few days to write this, but I just have so much work to do even though I have all the ideas formed in my head, I just have to write them out in the form of chapters over here. 

Also, I want to thank all the amazing people that voted and commented on chapter one, and would love your support for this chapter and the coming ones. It means a lot. Thank you. 

Lastly, I would like to thank all the people who made covers for me, I will be rotating them every 2 or so weeks, I love them all. 

Keep reading, voting, commenting and fanning. 

Lovelove

-M