Catch me if you can (You X Edward)

"Fire the starboard broadside!" You shout above the noise.

Cannons roar as your vessel, the Great White, attacks the enemy ship. The guns of the battery fire, pounding back against the heavy ropes that keep the cannons from skidding across the ship. Clouds of white smoke billow about as you continue to shout out orders to the crew.

"Swab! Powder! Wadding! Shot! Run out the guns!" You briefly glance at your crew, quickly and obediently obeying your every command, before returning your attention back to the prize. "Fire as the guns bear!"

They swab out the bore, push in a charge of powder, push wadding down on the powder, load the shot, push the gun out through the gunport, and fire the cannon, with you commanding each step of the process. "Swab, powder, wadding, shot, fire! Swab, powder, wadding, shot--"

Your order is quickly silenced as an enemy cannonball tears through the side of your ship, sending giant splinters of wood flying through the air. A rogue splinter, perhaps a yard long, rips through the stomach of Jenkins, a young boy which had only been aboard for a mere nine days. A fragment of a cannon ball collides with Harpers' arm, mangling it horribly. The crew freezes, stunned by the sudden carnage, as Jenkins and Harper scream in agony.

"Kipling!" you shout, earning the attention of one of the oldest and most experienced pirates aboard. "Take a few men and get Jenkins and Harper down to the surgeon!"

Kipling shouts a quick 'aye, Captain' as he and a few other men take the wounded below deck. Their screams continue to echo, but you do your best to push them from your mind and focus on the task at hand.

Though he couldn't yet be properly seen, you knew that the Captain of the ship you were pursuing, the Jackdaw, wore an arrogant smirk. You mentally cursed the man as you spun the big multi-handled wheel in the direction of the Jackdaw. You needed to make this a boarding action as quickly as possible. While maintaining a broadside to broadside fight, you set a course directly for his ship. Unfortunately the Captain anticipates your plan and attempts to edge away from you, trying to keep this a gunnery battle for as long as possible.

Despite the Jackdaws' best efforts, you close in rapidly and smoothly. Both the Jackdaw and Great White get off several more broadside attacks before you pull alongside the enemy ship.

At last, this battle now comes down to a boarding action. Members of your crew are already aboard the Jackdaw before you've even taken your hands from the wheel. Both crews scream and shout as they charge towards one another, waving cutlasses and firing flintlock pistols. Unsheathing your own cutlass, you leap across onto the deck of the Jackdaw alongside your comrades. Smythe, your loyal quartermaster, lands silently beside you and flashes a quick grin before charging into battle, waving a cutlass in one hand and an axe in the other.

You follow suit with a yell, daring somebody to take you on. One pirate turns to you, accepting your challenge, and rushes you from the left. With a smirk you turn and plunge your sword into his chest. He falls--but there is another diving in from the right, closing fast as you struggle to extricate your blade from his dead shipmate.

Having no time to yank your sword free, you let go of the hilt and spin around, levelling your pistol as your new opponent swings his sword. Steel whistles past your ear--you fire at point-blank range--and the pirate falls to the deck, a smoking hole in the centre of his chest. In a smooth motion you pick up the fallen enemy's sword and pistol to replace your own.

You turn your attention back to the task at hand: finding that smug son of a bitch.

A loud whistle directs your attention towards the helm of the ship, and lo and behold, there he is: Edward Kenway. The deadliest scourge of the seas. A Devil, cleverly disguised as man. Of course throughout your years of piracy you had heard tales about the infamous Edward Kenway, but never had you actually met the man. Until today.