Chapter 4

Her name is pronunciation ( Joe -sah-na)

FIVE SECONDS!!! who can possibly decide such a life altering decision in five seconds, to choose either life or death with the major chance that life will be just as bad as death.I have no idea what's going to happen to me if I get into this lift and that scares me the most.

Death is certain, its only thing we are all guaranteed in this life. Everything else before is a roll of the dice that I have to be willing to take.

1
2
3...... I need to make a decision
4
5

I step into the lift exhaling loudly, as he lowers his gun placing it back into its holster. As the doors close, my mind starts going to the worst possible outcomes, wondering what he plans on doing with me. Will I be used as a drug mule or maybe he'll sell me to the highest bidder or...

" Are you going to turn me into a prostitute?" I have to ask, that's one of the few things that I don't think I'd be able to do.

He takes his time looking me up and down.

"That's up to you"

Who would want to be a prostitute? I think it's safe to say that's never anyone's first choice of occupation.

The lift comes to a halt as we reach the ground floor, I follow behind him trying to keep up with his long strides. As we approach his black Audi, Julius walks around the corner with his friends laughing loudly. I say a little prayer hoping he can save me from this ordeal.

Julius and his friends stop talking as soon as he notices me.

" J what are you doing out so late?" His eyes shift behind me, noticing Mr.Hunter.

"Who's this? "

Before I can say anything, he cuts in

"None of your business " He unlocks the car, pulling me towards the passenger side. I look over at Julius who's obviously mad that he's being easily dismissed.

"Do you know who you're talking to? you're on my block disrespecting me, touching my girl. If I didn't know any better I would think you've got a death wish" I roll my eyes at him calling me his girl but I refuse to correct him if it means he'll help me.

I look at Mr.Hunter who's expression hasn't changed at all not even a change in his eyes and that scares me even more, everyone's afraid of Julius. Yet here he stood unbothered and unwavering.

"Walk away kid "

Thats all he says while grabbing me aggressively, pushing me into the car, slamming the door.

While walking to the drivers side , Julius blocks his path.

"Listen here pretty boy, I will make you regret ev -"

Mr.Hunter launches two hard punches that sends Julius tumbling to the ground and before his friends can react he shoots them without hesitation.

I cover my eyes not wanting that image tattooed into my brain. He gets in the car, throwing my bag in the backseat and without saying a word he speeds off. I can feel tears threatening to escape, as I take deep breaths in an attempt to calm down refusing to let any tears fall in front of him.

Julius was annoying and pushy but he was still someone who looked out for me. No one in the neighborhood ever messed with me, they all knew Julius was some what of a friend and that meant something. Now with his friends dead and him knocked out, I had no one left to help me.

I've witnessed 2 murders, well 3 now counting the guy at the hotel, there's no way he's ever letting me go.

Silence....it's the only thing I hear besides the roar of the engine as he speeds down each street his eyes never leaving the road. Mine never leaving the window as he parks at the back entrance for the the De'locore hotel.

"Why are we here?"

He gets out quickly without answering or sparing me a glance

"Stay in the car"

"But what if-

He slams the door shut before I can finish my sentence walking into the hotel.

I make sure he's gone before I try opening the door but every time I pull the locks,they automatically lock again....what kind of car is this?

Climbing around the back I get an idea, I use all my strength to pull the padding of the seats forward, probably ruining his car but right now I can careless. I pull the seats apart until there's enough space for me to push my hands through. I start feeling around the trunk until my hands graze a piece of metal, I recognize as a crow bar. I tug it through the whole I created, using it to open the car door.

There's an employee phone in the staff room that I can use but I can't just walk right into the hotel front entrance, even if I work here. I'm in pajamas, if I'm seen they are definitely escorting me out. Luckily I see a waitress going through the back door so I walk behind her sneaking in without being noticed. I run into the staff room looking behind me hoping no one sees me.

I still don't trust the police but right now they're my last option for help. I look around making sure there's no one in here then I take the phone off the hook, dialing 911. Holding my breath praying for someone to answer, my hands shaking as it rings.

"911, what's your emergency?"

I let out a breath of relief when I hear a voice.

"My name is Josana I've been ki-"

The phone is quickly grabbed from my hand and thrown to the floor. Before I can contest, I'm slammed me into the lockers, with forearms holding me in place.

"I told you to stay in the car"

" You killed 3 people today, I'd be stupid to trust anything you say "

I knee him in the balls, running in the opposite direction as fast as I can. When I get to the hallway I run into a man's shoulder falling to the floor. I look up recognizing him as one of the staff managers,Timothy.

I try to get up but I'm tackled back to the ground by Mr.Hunter

"Help! Tim! Please help me!!" I yell trying to break free while he just stands there looking at us,why isn't he helping me?

Mr.Hunter grabs my hair and slams my head against the hard tile, my actions slowing as pain takes over. My vision bluring from the impact,I feel something warm running down the side of my face. Realizing it's my blood, when the crimson droplets on the floor come into view.

He pulls me off the ground pushing my hands behind my back so hard I wince in pain. His hand goes over my mouth covering my screams as he turns to Tim

"Have my things sent to the front desk for pick up and get that cleaned up " he looks back at my blood on the floor.

"Of course Mr.Hunter, I'll have that done right away" Timothy says walking away, not even acknowledging my presence.

Coward

Everyone seems to know and fear this man. what kind of rock have I been living under.

He pushes me through the back door, towards the car letting me go....I'm too inebriated to even make a run for it and I think he knows that. I run my hand over face as my pounding headache persists, wiping away the blood on face with the neckline of my shirt, wincing as I locate the gash above my left eyebrow, still oozing blood.

"Get in the trunk "

"The trunk!?"

"You had the luxury of the front seat before you ruined my car and disobeyed my orders, so get in the fucking trunk before I run you over"

I slowly walk to the back of the car staring at the trunk, I climb in slowly as he slams it closed. Well I guess that's it then, I tried  escaping a couple times, I think that counts for something. I have no more fight left in me, I'm bleeding and I can barely stand on my own

One can only hope that whatever happens , I get to keep my dignity that's the only thing I have left traveling across town in the trunk of a car.