Five Words: Daffodils

Yellow. Needles. Love. Window. Sigh.

She loves daffodils and she keeps them on her windowsill 

and when the wind blows her smell fills the room ...*

I think she is the only woman I know who doesn't like roses.

"Yes, it's pretty but it's a devil in disguise! Those shitty little thorns prick you like hypodermic needles yo!"

Yes, she's snarky like that.

So I gave her daffodils not just because yellow is her favorite color but also because ... it was her. She wasn't lavish like a rose but she's not delicate as an orchid and she's definitely not common as daisy.

Yes, she was simple, but she was head strong, funny, graceful yet like I said... a little snarky.

And yes, she IS beautiful.

She was one of them that can make you smile even on your lowest day. She was bright yellow and all sunshine... like a daffodil.

With a sigh I watch her smile as she gently place the vase that held her flowers on her window sill, biting my lower lip, wishing that I could tell her.

See, she doesn't know it's from me.

Because I can't tell her.

Not yet.

One day I will.

But not today.

One day I will have the courage to man up and tell her how I feel.

One day I will tell her that I love her.

But until that day ... I will just keep being her friend ... I will just keep sending her flowers ... keep sending her daffodils.

 /end

======================================

* #5Words from SamanthaKhloe

* Lose Myself by JC Chasez

* For the Frenchman who's voice still make me sigh and inspires me to write after thirteen years ❤ #overandoverifall