Part 2

2

I brushed my long auburn hair with a clawed comb and sighed as I surveyed myself.

I was much plainer than my sisters.

I am seventeen summer-tides old and have large sea-weed green eyes and full curved lashes; my sisters would often tease me about my eyes, I had been nick-named blow fish from an early age as my eyes, no matter my expression, always seemed too large; if you blew out your cheeks and widened your eyeballs this is apparently how I looked.

I was not fat nor sporty like my sister Erica; I was slim and soft, weak really.

I had pink pearl lips and a small nose. My hair although long like my sister's, was curly and would often get caught on rocks and sea-weed.

I sighed again as I heard the taunting calls of my sisters as they giggled.

"Blow fish!"

I simply smiled through clenched teeth at what they had called a term of endearment.

I have two sisters and I am the youngest. My oldest sister is Erica; she is twenty summer-tides old and is tall and beautiful, her ice-blue eyes always look slightly amused and her white coral lips are always pulled up slightly in the left corner as if she knows a secret you don't; her hair falls to her hips and is a lovely gold, her term of endearment is star. Not exactly as endearing as blow fish apparently.

My second oldest sister is Lia, she is nineteen summer-tides old and has long wavy hair that just brushes her waist and is a stunning black that has often been compared to a night sky. Her eyes are green like mine but are normal sized and are framed by thick dark lashes. She is beautiful and people call her angel becuase of her ivory skin that is somehow fairer than mine and Erica's white pallor.

Erica's tail is covered in gold and red scales that glitter in the sunlight and Lia's is dark midnight blue with flecks of silver. My tail is ocean green and ice blue and is the only thing I like about myself, Erica has always been jealous of my tail because it shimmers in the moonlight and creates patterns on the sea-rock.

They swam through my doorway and started picking things up, knowing it annoys me greatly when people touch my things.

"Stop it."

I mumbled, knowing it was no use.

"Stop what?"

Erica chimed in her usual amused and irritating tone. They both laughed at my expression and continued to mess with my box of trinkets.

I'd finally had enough when they started wearing the items on their heads like crowns and throwing the pearls I collected like confetti. It was making my room a complete and utter mess.

"STOP!"

They froze before giggling again and throwing more pearls at me.

"Okay, okay.."

Said Erica. She knew me well enough to know I would rip their hair out if they went too far.

She put down the box and began swimming around the room and clearing up. She paused when she picked up a locket.

"Whats this?"

I swam forwards and snatched it from her fingers. It was the locket I had stolen from the sailor. He had come back two days ago and had stupidly tried to find me in the water. I had crawled onto the beach and pulled it from the pile of clothes he had left when he stripped off and dived in.

I had wanted to forget him, but I couldn't; the locket was all I had of him, that and the burn of his kiss that lingered in my memory...

"Arabella."