Chapter 1: School

"Peter, you're going to be late!" Aunt May yells from downstairs. Peter groans and turns over to his side. He opens his eyes. He looks down to find himself in his red and blue costume. "C'mon, Parker," Peter says to himself, "you almost got yourself caught."

Peter searched around his room. Where's his mask? Peter can't find it anywhere. He hears Aunt May yell, "Peter, don't make me get the bucket! My parents did it to me; I'm not afraid to do it to you!" Peter quickly changed into his jeans and t-shirt, hiding his costume behind some boxes in his closet. He'll find his mask later.

Peter raced down the steps and into the kitchen. He told Aunt May, "Relax, Aunt May, I'll be on time, just like always." Aunt May picked up a brown bag and held it out to Peter. She told him, "Here's your lunch. I added some extra money for breakfast from the vending machine at the subway." Peter smiled and said, "Thanks!" He grabbed the bag out of her hand and went into the living room. He picked up his backpack and walked towards the door. As he opened the door, Aunt May called out, "Love you!" Peter called back as he shut the door, "Love you too."

Peter walked to the subway. He grabbed a bag of chips out of the vending machine and boarded the subway.

-~•~-Time Skip to School-~•~-

Peter got his books out of his locker and headed to his next class. Mary Jane Watson, his childhood friend, stopped him. Mary Jane asked him, "Hey, Peter, did you hear?" Peter asked, "Hear what?" Mary Jane said in disbelief, "You seriously haven't heard?!" Mary Jane pulled out her phone. Peter stared at her long, blood-red hair as she struggled to get it out of her jean pocket. He has had a crush on her forever, but he just hasn't been able to tell her. It would ruin their friendship.

Mary Jane pulled up a picture on her phone. She held it out for Peter to see. Peter looked at the mysterious figure. It was a person, most definitely female, wearing a costume similar to Spider-Man's. It was white with pink lines that looked like webs. The costume had a mask with a hood over top of it.

Peter asked, "She got a name?" Mary Jane said in a spooky voice, "Spider-Gwen." Peter and Mary Jane started laughing. Peter said, "Well, I've gotta get to class. Not all of us have a study hall up next." Mary Jane smiled and teasingly said, "Have fun!"

Peter headed to class. On his way, he saw Gwen Stacy and stopped her. Gwen and Peter both work at Dr. Connor's lab. He's secretly had a crush on her, but just like Mary Jane, telling her would ruin everything.

He asked her, "Hey, Gwen, did you hear? You've become a superhero." Gwen smiled and said, "I wish." Peter asked, "So you've heard about Spider-Gwen?" Gwen answered, "Yup, and either she's using Gwen as a name to throw people off of her identity or she's just really stupid." Peter said, "While you decide that, I should be getting to class." Gwen giggled and said, "Okay, then, Speedy, go on ahead. Have fun! By the way, I just had Mr. Lee, and he seems to be in a bad mood." As he was walking off, Peter turned back, pointed to his head, and said, "Noted." He turned back around and walked to class.

Peter sat down in the front row seat. Mr. Lee sat at his desk. There was a silver name-plate on his desk that read "Mr. Stan Lee". (A/N: See that this is my Stan Lee cameo?) Peter thought that Mr. Lee was at least 90 years old. Peter wondered how long he was planning on teaching for.

Peter looked in the back of the class to find a girl with dark hair and brown eyes. About halfway through class, Mr. Lee informed his students that they'd be required to create a project on gamma radiation (A/N: See my Hulk reference?) with a partner. Mr. Lee called out, "Parker!" Peter looked up at him. Mr. Lee than said, "You'll be with Hardy." The girl with dark hair and brown eyes looked up. Hardy.

After class, Peter stopped this mysterious Hardy girl in the hallway. He asked her, "Hey, I'm Peter. What's your name?" She replied, "It's Felicia Hardy. Remember it when you decide to do the whole project without any consent from your partner." Peter was shocked by the anger of a girl he hasn't even met before. Was this how people thought of him?

Peter retorted, "I suppose you'll just be like all the other pretty girls who sit there and complain about their ex-boyfriend while I do the work." Felicia looked him straight in the eyes and told him, "Believe me, you've never met a girl like me."

Looks like this was going to be a looooooong project.