A New Life

All characters are owned by J.K. Rowling. Any characters you do not know are my creation. Sadly I am not J.K. so therefore the characters are not mine :(

Isabella Bouvier; brown hair, blue eyes, absolutely beautiful. 

Sirius Black; black hair, grey eyes, amazingly good-looking.

Chapter 1: A New Life

“Come on mother! Dépêchez-vous! Hurry! We’re going to be late!” I screamed at my mother as we ran towards Platform 9 ¾. I was pushing a great big trolley, carrying a huge trunk and a snowy owl. Behind me, my mother was running, pulling my little sister by the hand. It was 10:55, and I had five minutes to get onto my train.

Who am I and where am I going you may ask? Well I’ll tell you. My name is Isabella Bouvier and I am a 16 almost 17-year-old witch. That’s right I’m a witch. My mother, Diane is pulling my sister Charlotte. My father Pierre died two years ago. Before he died we lived in Paris, France, where I was born and I attended the French magic school Beauxbatons. About a month ago we moved to England so we could start a new life. I am in my seventh year and I am going to attend a school called Hogwarts, as my mother doesn’t want me to live in one country whilst she’s in another. This leads me to where I’m going now. Here I am, at Kings Cross station, running at full speed, towards he wall between platforms 9 and 10, which is the barrier to Platform 9 ¾, where the Hogwarts Express is waiting for me.

Anyway! After running for probably 2 minutes, we finally reached the barrier and definitely didn’t hesitate in running through the wall. I closed my eyes as I ran through and when I stopped and opened them the first thing I saw was a beautiful, scarlet steam engine with the words ‘Hogwarts Express’ on the front and along the sides. When I heard mother and Charlotte arrive on the platform I grabbed mother’s hand and led her to the door of the very end compartment. I attempted to lift my trunk but it was very, very heavy and I couldn’t lift it, even with the help of mother and Charlotte together. I was just about to give up when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a boy around my age, with sandy blonde hair and a tired face. He smiled at me and signalled to the trunk and owl cage at my feet.

“Would you like some help, Miss?” he asked sweetly, his voice kind.

“Yes, merci” I replied, his smile widening at the sound of the French accent in my voice. He picked the trunk up, all by himself and lifted it up onto the train. He then did the same with my owl. He picked up his own trunk and put it onto the train. As he was doing this the final whistle blew and I turned quickly to say goodbye to mother and Charlotte. I kissed Charlotte on both cheeks and she did the same to me, muttering our goodbyes in rapid French. I then looked at mother, who had tears pouring from her eyes.

“Mother, please don’t cry” I said as I grabbed her face and kissed her cheeks, and then she did the same.

Je suis tellement fiére de toi, I am so proud of you”.

Merci mother” I kissed her again.

“Goodbye Isabella. Je t’aime” I jumped onto the train, with the help of the kind boy. I turned back quickly.

“I love you too. I’ll miss you” I blew them a kiss as the compartment door shut and the train started moving. As soon as the train station was out of sight I turned towards the boy, who was standing awkwardly behind me.

“Hello Miss, my name’s Rem… Remus Lupin” he said nervously as he held his hand out. I took it and shook it firmly.

“Good day kind Sir” I said elegantly, my French manners taking over, “I’m Isabella Bouvier. But please call me Bella. I’m new to Hogwarts and I don’t know anybody…” I trailed off, looking down at the floor.