Chapter 15: Never Fading

"What if I am not strong enough for the game tonight?" Niall frowns as he takes a bite of his eggs. I laugh and wipe my thumb over his left cheek to remove the syrup stained there.

It had been a full day since the night Niall got jumped and the night that I agreed to go on a date with Harry, mainly because he was in a hospital bed, begging me.

"It's the first game of the season?" I ask and Niall nods. I never knew much about soccer, or football, whatever the hell they call it here.

"Marson's soccer team is number one in the country. Not even Liyala can compete with us." Niall smirks.

"Who do we play tonight?" I ask, shoving a peace of waffle on my tongue.

"Some huge public school called LFC. It's not home so the drive there is like an hour." He shrugs.

Oh.

"I probably can't come." I say.

Niall narrows his eyes at me. "I can find someone to give you a ride okay?" Niall says as if I am going to just trust anyone.

"Oh, maybe I will just ask Coach if you can come on the bus...though you might be scarred by what goes on in there." Niall laughs and I involuntarily scrunch up my nose.

"I have a lot of homework. Chemistry AA has been kicking my butt and it has only been two days. Then we have that song that we have to memorize and reform in front of the whole class next week. I think Mr. Olson actually likes me so I want to keep him on my good side and..."

"Charlie, its one night. The game is like two hours, that's it. Please come." He pleads. I look at his black eye and study it. Slowly, I nod and Niall jumps up from the breakfast table and does his little "Penguin" dance.

After he sits down, we finish what we are eating and I stand up. "Charlie?" Niall says. I look down at him, confused and take a seat.

"Do you still have that locket?"

"Yeah, I keep it in my pocket." I sigh. Though I don't know why I do such a thing.

"I tried opening it. I even asked Jo to with her long acrylics but it was no use. It really must just look like a locket. I have had those kinds before." I shrug but Niall just stares at me.

"They found a suspect." He blurts out. I don't know what he means at first, but after studying his eyes, I know.

"They searched his home and everything and the police along with your parents are convinced he has you hidden somewhere."

I don't say anything. Instead, I just stare at the bubbling ice in my water and sigh.

"How do you know this Niall?"

"I have been checking."

Oh.

I can't help but feel guilty for the man they think "took" me.

~

The walk back to campus was pretty silent. Niall convinced me to at least try to get a ride to the game tomorrow.

Once I get in my room the lights are out and I see Jo snuggled up under her covers like a bear. A nap does seem fantastic so I quickly strip out of my clothes until I am in my bra and underwear. I am just about to hop in bed when I hear a chuckle.

What the...

I walk over to Jo's bed and pull the sheets back.

"Oh my god!" I scream, covering my breasts and almost falling backward. Harry sits up, yawning, as I stand there half naked, in front of him.