Chapter 2

Batman's sure that he'll never get use to the oddity called his family. Each one came from a different background, had different personalities, and yet they all considered themselves related. It didn't always work out, but when push comes to shove, they all stick together like glue. And that, for the better or worse, included Batman.

Right now? It was for the worst. Jason always had... a more negative effect on the clan. He always managed to loosen their control and let them show a slightly wilder side of themselves. Not corrupt, but wild, so Batman really wasn't surprised when he walked into the cave to find a fight; weapons and all. Nor was he surprised to see that his three boys were wining (and more than likely the cause of it).

The smarter ones had stayed out of the fight. Like Impulse. He scurried around the edges, looking more like he was trying to stop them verbally, and failing. Batgirl was leaning against the wall, watching the scene with an amused smile. As long as the Batboys were wining, Batman knew she wouldn't interfere. There were a few other girls by her, who seemed to be debating whether or not they should join the fight. They were probably only staying still on Batgirl's command.

Batman sighed. He knew it was wrong to leave Red Hood alone. The Team really wasn't due back yet, but he should have known that Nightwing and Robin would have wanted to speed up the mission just to see him.

"Stop," Batman hissed. It wasn't any louder than his usual voice, but everyone heard. All the fighting stopped, except for the last punch that Red Hood delivered to Lagan. "What do you think you're doing?"

Everyone seemed to simultaneously look at Red Hood. No one dared to tell Batman that what they were doing was obvious, though. Nobody wanted to risk facing his wrath.

Batman rolled his eyes. "Briefing room, now." Batman glared at his boys. "Including the Red Hood." He left without another word, leaving Young Justice to clean up after themselves.

It took a couple minutes for the team to reassemble themselves and do as Batman asked, but they managed. They wearily watched as Nightwing Robin, and the villain, walked in front of the group, quietly and excitedly whispering among themselves.

Batman stood quietly, waiting for them. When they entered he said, "For today and until further notice, the team will not be having any missions. Any missions given will be small, and only require a small group. Your priority will be here, in the cave, watching over the Red Hood." Batman watched the members of the team, seeing their questioning faces.

Aqualad stepped up. "I do not mean any disrespect," he said, "But why is he here?"

Batman grunted. "After an accident involving all his safehouses—" Red Hood gave a small laugh here and mumbled something like, Sure, 'accidents,' before Nightwing silenced him with a sharp elbow to the ribs—"Red Hood requested a place to stay." Batman continued with a single glare at his children. "The watchtower and the Batcave are not an option," The Watchtower for obvious reasons, and the Batcave for an incident that happened not too long ago involving Pink Paint, a little bit of alcohol and no supervision. "Leaving the Cave as the most suitable location."

Batman knew he would regret this. "Any questions?" Gosh—he could already feel a headache coming on.

"Yeah!" Lagan stepped up, his jaw an ugly shade of purple from the earlier punch Jason had given him. "Why'd you give in to that request, huh? He should be in jail, where he belongs! And why do you let your two protégés prance around with him like they're--!"

Jason took one step forward, and Lagan shut up, effectively remembering what had happened last time he bad-mouthed Batman's (not) sidekicks. Behind his mask, Jason rolled his eyes. They were all such wimps. No wonder they weren't allowed in Gotham.

"The Red Hood," Batman said, "is staying here for reasons that do not concern you. Any other questions?"

No one answered, and so he headed for the Zeta Tube. Before stepping into the transportation device he glanced at Jason, hissing out, "Red Hood—Behave."

The Red Hood gave him a lopsided smile and a salute, his fingers crossed behind his back where his brothers could see it, but Batman could not. "Sure thing. No killing. No harassing. No sword fights. No blowing things—or people—up. And no bullets unless they're Kryptonite. And those can't be used on Superboy. We've talked about this. I got it."

Batman sighed, knowing Jason's 'innocent' voice meant something disastrous. And he knew he'd be kicked for the last rule he had given Jason, and knew very well that Jason said that one out loud just for the laughs.

As soon as the Zeta Beam announced Batman's departure, Jason's lopsided smile got replaced by a dark, mischievous one. "So," he said. "Now that the formalities are over...." He silently to pull out a suspicious looking bag filled with white powder.

Kaldur's eyes widened. That couldn't be....

Dick yelled so loud everyone in the room flinched. "YES!" He jumped toward Red Hood in small excited steps. "Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!"

Tim glanced up from his holocomputer, and then looked back down. Then, he slowly seemed to realize what was going on and looked back up. "Is that....?" He asked.

Jason nodded. Tim smiled.

Kaldur stepped between them, holding his hands up in a stopping motion. He frowned. "I do not understand why you two are so lenient when it comes to 'Red Hood'," Kaldur started, glaring at Robin and Nightwing, "But I cannot permit drugs with in the cave's—"

"Drugs?" Red Hood snorted. "How much do you guys know about me? I spend a living making sure not to sell drugs to underage kids. This is ten times better."

Kaldur frowned. "I do not understand."

"It's suuuuugaaaaaar!!!!!" Nightwing practically screeched, jumping excitedly. Artemis muttered behind them, "I don't know if giving him sugar is such a good idea..." But Nightwing ignored it and continued to jump around Red Hood, repeating the word over and over again.

Tim chuckled, not willing to admit that he wast tempted to follow Nightwing's lead. "Dude.... How...?"

Red Hood growled. "I was looking for the cookies and you know how Alfred kept them in the cabinet? Well—First, he updated the freakin' security, so who f***ing knows how long I spent breaking into that thing—and then the cookies weren't even there!" He rolled his eyes. "He moved them! So—I had to settle for plain sugar."

Nightwing laughed. "Dude, everyone knows that he moved them. After Terry managed to break into the cabinet—" he sighed, "—We've taught him well—Alfred's poor heart couldn't take us stealing the cookies before dessert, so...."

"He moved them," Tim finished. "Into B's office."

Red Hood's eyes widened comically. He voice lowered, and the team couldn't help the shiver that went down their back from the fear in his voice. "No!"

Nightwing let out a sob. "I know!" He cried. "We'll never see them again!!"

"Until dessert," Tim reminded him.

"Until dessert," Red hood agreed.

If anything, that seemed to make Nightwing cry harder.

_______________________________

Okay, guys. I have a few more chapters written out, but if you have any ideas or sugg, i would totally be open to them.

like. I need ideas.