twєntч-fσur: dєpαrturєѕ αnd αrrívαlѕ

"I was the moon, she was the sun. I was war, she was peace. I was disaster, she was beauty. I was sorrow, she was happiness. She was my salvation, I was her destruction. "

THE fairy had a painfully solemn look about her when the morning came to depart ways with her dear friend

THE fairy had a painfully solemn look about her when the morning came to depart ways with her dear friend. Bilbo Baggins stood next to a saddled pony with a pack on his back and a small dwarvish shield under his arm. Thorin had bestowed upon the hobbit a fine cloak bearing the royal seal of the line of Durin that would warm him on chilly nights while on the road while winter was coming to a close. "Farewell, Master Baggins."

Arethusa came forward and wrapped Bilbo in her arms, she was reluctant to let him go after growing accustomed to his constant presence. "I have arranged a proposition with Thranduil, he will see that you have safe passage through Mirkwood and to Rivendell." The Halfling could hardly bear to hear the sadness in his dear friend's voice, let along to look upon her saddened face.

"Thank you, Arthie," he squeezed her a little bit tighter before departing from the embrace. "I look forward to our next meeting. Farewell, my dear Bilbo. No gelin idh raid gîn, a no adel gin i chwest." She kissed his cheek and took a step back to stand next to Thorin as the hobbit mounted his pony and Gandalf on a black mare. The dwarves that had gathered to say farewell dispersed back into the Mountain but Thorin lingered at her side, she watched the horizon until their shapes could no longer be seen.

It had taken a fortnight for Arethusa to give the word that the dwarf King was completely healed, she would not have to change his bandages or curse his disobedience when it came to listening to the fairy. The scars lingered as even her magic was not powerful enough to take them away, but she quite liked them. At night, when they lay next to each other, she would trace over the puckered skin and he would curse her touch.

⌘⌘⌘

Thorin and Arethusa had retired early from the duties, even choosing to have the evening meal delivered to their chambers. He had shown her more of the mountain, played the harp, and listened to the way his fairy sang while bathing in the warm pool of water deep within the mountain. She had only just laid her head on his chest when a knock came at the door. The dwarf king bid the visitor to enter, "Thanu men!" The young dwarf was out of breath, a scroll of parchment with a broken seal was in his hand. "We have received a raven, the Lady Dís is less than a day's journey from reaching the Mountain. She will arrive in the morning."

Thorin took the letter, read it over and passed it back to the messenger, "Menu jemetu." Arethusa had read the message from over his shoulder, the smile that came over her face was large and excitable. "What is that smile for?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Since the day we received news of her departure from the Blue Mountains I have been eager to meet her. Kili and Fili have told me so much about her." Kili and Fili had told her that she reminded them of their mother but they had also told her tales of their mother and uncle's interactions when they were children. One time Uncle Thorin gave Kili a sword when he was only twenty, mother took the sword and led Thorin away by the ear. They fought a lot, sibling banter, we never had a peaceful dinner between the four of us. Mother told us that dwarves sprouted from the earth and that elves were made of leaves and tree sap, Uncle overhead the tale and amended it, he told us elves were made of lies. The two brother had been trying to cheer the fairy up when they spoke of such things and it worked.