Chapter 6: Mondays

Again," Ren said, face so close to hers she could feel the vibration of his voice against her skin. She stared at him, through him, not really hearing what he'd said."Mogami-san," he said, softer this time. "Don't look away. Look me in the eyes, take control, and kiss me again."

She nodded obediently. Surely this time—how many times has it been? she wondered—it wouldn't pull her under. That feeling...she was used to it now, wasn't she? She must be. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind and focus on the matter at hand. He was waiting.

She called up Natsu's soul, stepped into his space...possessed him. He was hers, to do with what she wished. She grasped his cheek with one hand, curled her fingers into his silk-smooth hair with the other, and—

"Kyoko-chan?" The Okami-san called from somewhere downstairs. "Is everything all right? You don't want to be late for work!"

Kyoko sat up, bleary-eyed, hair a tousled mess. It felt like she had only just gotten to sleep, only just managed to shut out her thoughts about him, but somehow, he had invaded even her dreams, giving her the second night of restless sleep in as many days.

"It's Monday," she said out loud, as if to motivate herself. What was the significance of Monday again?

Oh, right, she thought, glancing at the much-abused poster on her bedroom wall. Well, let's get this over with.

 Well, let's get this over with

"All right, " the director was announcing. "Now, Fuwa-san should be joining us shortly after lunch, so we should start working on the scenes that don't involve him. Remember, we want this episode to be particularly dark because it's Chitose's final turning point. She realizes just how far Natsu is willing to go to hurt her and finally understands that she needs to fight back, which is how we'll lead into the more uplifting, empowering arc that will begin next season. Now, Kyouko-chan," he said, turning to address the chestnut-haired actress, "I'm counting on you to bring out the full extent of Natsu's joy at finally getting to Chitose. Remember, you've been trying all season to wipe that cheerful smile off her face and you're beginning to succeed."

"Yes, sir," Kyoko said dutifully. Maybe someday she could pretend to be happy for less psychotic reasons, she thought wistfully. Still, there was something nice about being able to leave behind Kyoko's thoughts for a while, she admitted to herself.

"And, just a quick reminder, when Fuwa-san comes," he resumed talking to the cast as a whole, "I know he's a bit famous, but we need to treat him like any other performer—respectfully. And try not to ask for autographs. He's not an actor, but like all celebrities, he has some experience with creating a certain image, so it shouldn't be too difficult to work with him."

"Well, Kyouko-san worked with him before, right?" Chiori asked. "What is he like?" She smiled sweetly, hiding the rage that was bubbling up inside of her. To think we have to work with a complete amateur! And the worst kind of amateur, who thinks it's okay to just be famous and show up whenever he likes. Are you looking down on those of us who've actually worked to become actors?!