Chapter 1.

Copyright © 2014 Levyalcide

All rights reserved.

***

It's funny when you find yourself looking through a magnifying glass of your life. There is a shock of realizing that you are too far from who you had planned of becoming; you are a stranger. It's like somewhere you accidentally forgot to press the pause button, and now you have to struggle to find your way back. The thing is it's hard to get back to something you don't remember, and that's how I felt back then. I remember it clearly, like it was yesterday...

I was with Maya on that summer evening. I was in my bedroom like every other sleepover we've had at my house. She was sitting on her bed and I was pacing around mine.

"Argh! I hate my life!'' I complained as I walked back and forth in my bedroom.

I had a fairly large room. There were two beds placed at two different corners with a large space in between. There was a dressing table at the furthest end near the door, and a desk and chair was near the window between the two beds. The whole room was painted light blue, except the ceiling which stayed white, just like I wanted back in middle school, with sticky stars forming my favorite constellations.

I gave a frustrated sigh and walked towards the window. I felt a little calmer when I saw the sunset for there was something about it that gave me peace and reassurance.

"What happened this time?" Maya asked.

"This time? Well nothing much, just another unproductive day feeling like i'm supposed to be doing something and i have no idea what! Add to the fact that i have no social life whatsoever, i believe this time, this time i'm diagnosed with Acute boredom unsatisfactory life expectancy syndrome. Hmmph! What do i do with myself?" The last words i whispered to myself.

My best friend Maya walked towards me and stood behind me.

"You should stop doing this to yourself. It's unproductive and most of all unhealthy. Now i know you're going through a phase bu-"

"A phase? well its a bloody long phase dontcha' think? How long M? Huh? How long must i feel like someone is watching me, judging me. I just wish i could.. i don't even know." I slowly slide low on the wall, hunched and hugged my chest. Maya came down with me.

"Is this because you're missing a certain someone?"

I whipped my head angrily at her. "Did you hear a single word i said?!"

"Wouh! hey chill there angry monster. I'm not the enemy."

"I am chill. You just don't get me." I sighed. Anger replaced by disappointment. I closed my eyes and breathed. She was not entirely wrong. There was someone i was desperately missed. But that was by far the reason i was.. lost. 

"I agree, i may be one of your best friends but sometimes like now, i wish he was here."

"Me too."

I took a deep calming breathe and faced her.

"I'm sorry."

"Its okay."

"No i shouldn't have lashed out on you like that. For that, i am sorry." I said guiltily, she smirked and stood up.

"I got an apology from you so its fine. Besides, no matter what your feeling i know the truth. Most importantly, how to solve it!"

"Whatever do you mean Mariana Hastings?"

"Well, you Oracle Kaiser, will just have to wait and see!" I smiled and stood up.

"I told you not to call me that!" I walked towards her as she slowly backed away.