Rocker Chick at a New School

HEY guys!! This is my first story so go easy on me! VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena POV

"you're gonna have to try harder than that, you know" I responded to his cheesy pick up line, secretly hoping he would keep flirting. I mean LOOK AT HIM. He has dirty blonde hair in that kind of shaggy style, and blue eyes that make me want to melt. Plus, he's toned and 6'1", and for some reason I sort of have an obsession with tall guys. Yeah, you must be thinking he's the hot jock, but he's actually not. I heard he can play guitar, although probably not as well as I can. Oh wait, rewind.

YAAWWWNNN. Ugh, I look to my night table and my clock reads 6:00 am. I brush my long dirty blonde hair and put on a Red Hot Chili Peppers Tee and my favorite light wash jeans. I guess this is good enough for a new school.

I go to my Mac and open up the info for my classes. Oh great, I'm going to be the weird girl who transfers in the middle of the year. I'm going to Richardson High, where my mom went when she was my age. I just moved to a condo in the city, yes New York City, with my brother, James. No doubt he's gonna get attention from the girls in his class. He's going to be a Junior and I'll be a Sophomore. My dad let us get the condo because he's traveling in Europe for business. Not exactly the best time to move, but it was needed.

My name's Serena Johnson, and I just moved from San Francisco. I'll miss the city, but I know it's time to start a new life in New York. Hopefully I can get my singing/guitar career started. It's always been my dream to get my songs on the radio, and maybe the city can help.

"SERENA, are you coming?" James shouts from downstairs. Too bad he can't drive yet, he could in San Fran, but the city limit is higher. Only another month until his birthday. The big 17. Maybe we can have friends over.... If I have any friends then. "SERENA!" my brother shouts again, bringing me back to reality. For the next month, we have a private driver, but I really don't want the attention from it, so I'll just walk. "I'M WALKING JAMES". I head out the door with my backpack towards school.

WOW, this is the prettiest school I have ever seen. It's completely stone, with a sign that reads Richardson High outside, and outside all of the windows are flowers. It's too preppy for me, of course, but I can always change that.... I start walking and accidentally ended up on the floor. "oh I'm so sorry" the guy who just crashed into me says. Oh, HE can bump into me ANY DAY. "I'm fine, really", I say to him.

"Hey, my name's Alex. I think I should get you to a hospital though"

"I'm Serena. And why???"

"I'm pretty sure you just fell from heaven"

I can't help but smile at the compliment, and he smiles back.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that, you know"

"Yea, I know. I'm hoping you'll give me a chance too"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, so I'm kind of having writer's block about the title... comment with ideas please!!

Thanks!! I'll post the second soon.