Dark Romance Part 2

PART 2

Lana: And speaking of starting points, what inspires you guys when you write, dark? For me, it's pinterest and dark music. Usually I beat up Sims for some good dark, twisted recs

Simone: Reading about it is a must! See how the pros handle the topic. Although, that being said, I find it much easier to write dark stuff than I do read it, and I don't get the same punch. Maybe it's because I know how it's going to work out?

Lana: Yes! Reading is super important. Familiarize yourself with the genre. Know what you like to read and what you just can't.

Simone: I NEED music to write any sort of scene, but dark themed music is a must to get me in the mood for darkness

Nicolette: Finding inspiration for me is usually through music. Or sometimes watching movies.

Lana: I'm a baby so...I get panicked easily. Things I consider dark probably wouldn't make most people bat an eyelash BUT THEY ARE DARK OKAY. Like I consider that movie Hercules by Disney to be darkish. IT MAKES MY HEART HURT. And Hunchback of Notre Dame, don't even get me started.

Simone: And Pinterest is a godsend. Seriously, if someone could invent a way to turn a Pinterest board into a story, I would love them 5ever (that's a very long time, if you can't tell).

Nicolette: And on occasion just thinking up horrible things and finding stories to fit around it.

Lana: That movie basically is a dark thriller romance in a nutshell

Simone: There is an entire song about a priest feeling "tempted" by heroine — I think dark is a safe bet haha

Lana: And Bridge to Terrabithia. That is a fucking dark romance. I don't care what anyone says

Nicolette: I heard the actual story behind the hunchback of Notre Dame doesn't end well. (spoiler alert everyone dies)

Lana: I bawled like a little bitch on that movie, I kid you not. I have NEVER been so blindsided. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CUTE!!!!

Simone: I like reading into nice movies and imagining dark relationships between people behind the scenes, because I'm a weirdo

Nicolette: I forgot about the creepy priest in Hunch Back! OH MY GLOB. So much about who am just fell into place. I love that song.

Lana: Haha, like your favorite

LAna: The novel that shall not be named

Simone: Like I don't care what anyone says, Tybalt and Juliet had some serious vibes going on, even though they were cousins.

Simone: At least in the Douglas Booth version of the movie. That I couldn't finish.

Lana: ACtully your rationalizing of the novel that shall not be named, made me think of it in a different way

Simone: Wait, which novel that shall not be named???

Lana: you were like "NIKKI. NIKKI LISTEN. IT'S A DARK ROMANCE. DUH"

Lana: A novel about a certain vampire and a stalking obsession.

Nicolette: I do the same thing, where I see darker currents in movies and books that aren't there on the surface.

Lana: You were like "If you think of it this way, it's brilliant." and I was like..."Son of abitch"

Lana: It made sense