chapter 1

9/4

As the buses pulled up to Duwamps High school in Seattle Washington, students rushed in to get to their new homerooms. It's the first day of school for these students. It's about seven-thirty in the morning and most kids are practically still asleep.

"Audrey!" Penelope and her twin sister Hazel yelled in sync, practically running over the whole student body to reach her, their long brown hair getting tossed about behind them.

"Penelope! Hazel!" Audrey yelled back, pulling Penelope and Hazel into a big hug.

Audrey had spent her whole summer in Italy for her sister Addison's 16th birthday. Her parents told her she could either have a big 16th birthday party or, she could go anywhere in the world for the summer. So for the entire summer Audrey, Addison, her older brother Jackson, and her parents were in Italy. Audrey had a great time, drinking the nicest wines-since drinking ages were different, buying the nicest clothes and meeting the nicest guys. Audrey had a few summer flings, but nothing too serious.

"Did you get this from Italy?!" Penelope asked, completely in love with Audrey's outfit. It was a peach lacey top with black skinny jeans and matching peach lace up boots.

"Yup! I mixed it with my casual style." Audrey said with a fake model voice.

"Yo! Is dat Audrey?!" Audrey neighbor, Carson shouted, walking over to Audrey.

"No, this is Jake from State Farm, dipshit." She sassed pulling him into a hug.

Carson and Audrey always had a "thing" but neither of them had the guts to ask the other out.

"Audrey!" Two girls screamed from the other side of the hallway.

"June! Daisy!" Audrey screamed running into their arms.

I know what you're thinking, Oh here are Duwamps High's popular girls.

Well you couldn't be any more wrong.

Audrey, June, Penelope, Hazel and Daisy are those kids everyone knows but ignores. They like it that way; there is no drama, no back stabbing, just bliss. Plus they have fun laughing at other people's drama.

"Yo man, wassup?" Romeo asked smacking his friend Jacob's hand then hugging him, patting his back.

"You gonna be at lacrosse practice?" Jacob asked, leaning on his lacrosse stick.

"Yeah man, I'm going to be captain, not that loser, Hayden." Romeo snorted while walking with Jacob to homeroom.

While walking, Romeo wasn't paying as much attention to where he was going as he should have been. While talking to Jacob, Romeo walked right into Isaac Holland making him fall to the ground.

"Watch it pretty boy!" Romeo hissed continuing on his way to homeroom.

Isaac Holland, his name is enough. Isaac is filthy rich and super attractive. Every girl has had a crush on him at one time or another. Isaac is known as "Pretty Boy" and he doesn't care. Every time someone calls him that he always says the same thing, "Yup, that's why your girl wants me."

Aside from that pretty face, Isaac has pretty nice muscles too. He's captain of the baseball team and has never lost a fight.

"Douche bag." Isaac muttered under his breath.

"Need a hand, Gracie?" Hayden laughed extending his arm down to Isaac.

Hayden is team captain for the football team and captain of the lacrosse team as well. Hayden is extremely smart and not too bad looking. He's also the class clown, always knowing exactly when to make a joke, but always knowing when to stop.

Isaac sighed and grabbed his hand, after standing up he then began to gather his books. Hayden walked away laughing at Isaac.

The speaker then yelled out,

"All students should now be in their first period classes."

As the hallways quickly emptied, and ironically, all our characters so far are in this class! English with Mr. Rothess.

As all the students took their seats, Mr. Rothess was at the board, writing his name in capital letters.

"He looks familiar" Penelope whispered to Audrey, eyeing their new teacher.

Mr. Rothess had to be around twenty two or twenty three years old, the same age as Audrey's brother Jackson.

"Wait!" Audrey whispered to her friends.

"I know him! It's Ruthless!" Audrey said keeping her voice low to make sure no one heard them.

"Ruthless?" June asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yea! He and Jackson are friends! Jackson and his friends called him Ruthless; on their hockey team, Mr. Rothess was the roughest toughest player. He had the highest penalty time of all the players in the league at his time." Audrey explained, with a smile.

Ruthless was Audrey's favorite out of all her brother's friends, sometimes she liked him more. Ruthless was always around when Audrey was younger, but when they graduated from high school, Ruthless went to some school in California to study to be a teacher.

Audrey was so excited that he was back. She wanted to run home and tell Jackson.

"Ladies in the back, please quiet down." Mr. Rothess ordered, turning around.

"Yeah ladies! Sorry Mr. Rothess, they are just trouble, those five." Hayden joked making the whole class laugh, except the girls, who rolled their eyes.

"Mr. West, please simmer down. Okay class, now the book you read over the summ-" Mr. Rothess was interrupted by a boy standing in the door.

"Can I help you?" Mr. Rothess asked, his face displayed a clear look of disgust directed towards the kid that had interrupted him.

"I'm in this class." The kid spat.

"Well you're late. Very late." Mr. Rothess hissed.

"Yea, and that's a chair and that's a clock." The kid retorted, pointing at the chair and clock.

"What's your name, kid?" Mr. Rothess asked, trying to keep his cool.

"Dane. Dane Reed." he said vehemently, taking the open seat next to Penelope, who wiggled her desk closer to June's so she wasn't close to him.

Dane, as you can probably guess, is a bad boy. Actually he is the bad boy. A very popular bad boy, to be honest.

Dane is always with a girl, or two.

Dane is never single.

Dane is never in love.

Now you know our characters. Now you see what they are like. Who am I, you may ask, oh that's a secret. You'll find out, eventually.

bye babes

nerd crusher.