The Crimson Note

NOTE: NOT COMPLETED. First paragraph, and beginning of Second.

Winter consumed the December air, stealing lives from trees and turning chattering teeth to ice. Hot chocolate filled our Christmas cups, and our apartment of the scent.

"It's freezing outside; I don't know why you're going to the Drive-In, Violet. You have to be completely crazy," I said jokingly.

"Very funny Audrey, I've just grown tired of being huddled up inside the house. And plus Devon asked me if he wanted to go out, and I wouldn't be a lady if I said no," she said, a smile following after. Violet was the all American girl, beautiful and loving, yet sneaky and wild. Her hair fell down her back in spiral curls of darken red, the color of dying fire.

"Alright, whatever you say. Have a great time with Devon," I said with a childish tone. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." My eye winked to her and laughs unfolded from my grin.

"I won't, or will I? Don't wait up. Love you." I bolt locked the door, as I've always done even when I was a child. My hot chocolate failed to stay warm so I poured it down the drain and grabbed me a Coca-Cola bottle. The trees outside the balcony rustled with the wind, scraping the window, it wasn't much of a balcony since we lived on the first floor. I quickly grabbed the remote and turn the TV to life. Of course it was on the news, Violet was hooked to it. Images of Marilyn Monroe flashed upon the screen. She was even beautiful in the black and white, and the small frame of the TV. Violet was seeing the premier Marilyn's new film, "Some Like It Hot." Very suddenly I began to grow tired and I didn't know the reason but my eyes slowly came to a close.

Sharp pains jolted down my spin and up my eyes as if someone one was dragging me by my arms and on my back. "I must be dreaming," I thought, continuing to keep my eyes shut.