[30]SwissAus: Grocery Shopping

A/N: I'm surprised that I haven't done this ship before now. Probably because I'm not as familiar with Switzerland's personality so sorry if it's a bit off. Also the dialogue kinda sucks because I'm bad at it in the first place but regardless  I hope it is enjoyable for you all.

•••

It confused Austria immensely how he and Switzerland somehow would choose the same grocery store to go to. Granted they are neighbors and both men prefer to find the cheapest options regardless of financial situations, it still made no sense in how they coincidentally met up almost every time.

Austria is currently in the dairy section thinking about whether he needs to get more cream cheese. Out of the corner of his eye he sees a familiar blonde man approach him. He lets out a sigh and turns to face the Swiss man.

"Hello," he greets politely but stiffly.

"Good morning," the other responds in kind.

Both of them just awkwardly stand there not meeting each other's gaze.

"Your sister is not with you," Austria observes.

"Yes, she is visiting Hungary," Switzerland says.

Another awkward silence ensues and both men want to leave but are too prideful to say anything. Finally though Austria speaks up.

"Well, I should go I uh... have some perishable products."

"Of course," Switzerland says and bows his head slightly and both men move past each other.

Once out of sight of the other both countries sigh exasperated. They have a long and complicated history with each other, they weren't on resentful terms but things were awkward nonetheless. Although the reason for this awkwardness was not really known as they had long since agreed that the past is in the past.

Austria continues his shopping and goes through all the different sections. He is still adjusting to cooking for one as Hungary lives on her own now but still comes over from time to time. He would never admit that he is feeling lonely but it made him happy to see a familiar face occasionally. Even if the situation is awkward.

He goes to the frozen food section and looks for frozen vegetables. He gets what he came for but when he turns around he sees Switzerland only a few meters away. He debates on whether slipping away unnoticed or not but once the Swiss looks up and sees him it is too late. Switzerland approaches him once more.

"We need to stop doing this," Austria says with a huff of awkward amusement.

Switzerland nods. "Would you like to walk together," he offers.

Austria's eyes widen. "Um, sure."

They walk through the rest of the store stopping whenever the other was picking something up. Both men found that they enjoyed the company, even if it was just for a little while. After they checked out and they were about to leave Switzerland stopped Austria.

"Would you like to go out for lunch?" He asks.

Austria hesitates, the last time they had lunch together the tension was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. But he didn't want to go home just yet to just have to work or practice his instruments. Then again it would be more awkwardness.

"Um, I have stuff that needs to be put in the fridge," Austria finally responds.

"I have a small cooler in my car," Switzerland says.

That demolished in chance of getting out of this. They go to a restaurant close by and order their food, both respecting the other's food choice.

"So, how are things in your country?" Austria tries to start some sort of conversation.

It is surprisingly effective and they do start talking about the economic states of their countries. Both men are very passionate about their nations and the conversation is very enjoyable. Once they finish their food and get the check Switzerland insists on paying and after a ten minute argument Austria finally lets him.

"I guess I'll see you," Austria says after he retrieve his food items from Switzerland's car.

"Yeah," Switzerland responds.

They then go their separate ways and while driving have a strange feeling of being content, one that neither country has felt in a awhile.