Chapter Four

Chapter 4

Getting through the palace was easy- it was trying not to be killed that was fucking difficult.

Who knew Angels could be so savage....

"Get...Off...of me!" I snarled and pushed the offender off with my black metal and wooden bow. He flew for a second, and crouched on the wall. Growling like a wild animal, he crawled down and back at me. My eyes scanned the area for the rest of the offenders- all were readying their body to pounce. I groaned. I should've just killed them, I thought.

I grabbed an arrow, slowly and even more slowly pulled the bow thin. The Angels stilled their motions but I recognized a young one who didn't know there was poison lethal to Angels on its tip. He lunged-

And I shot him straight in the throat.

He fell with a hard thud, and the rest screeched, a horrible high sound that nearly had my eyes watering. But I remained strong and pulled another arrow free of its quiver. But one Angel pounced and swung my bow at her face to deflect her claws just another jumped on my back and bit in my shoulder.

I gasped as they pulled off my feet, bringing me closer to the ground. I grunted as I tried to pull my skin free. "Get off!" I screamed and rammed us into a statue. It fell over and I saw it was a marble statue of Greg's father. I purposely stepped on it and picked up a piece as I pounded it into her head. Blood gushed in long stream and I felt her grip loosen just as I flipped backwards and slammed us into the ground, while trapping another Angel's neck in a headlock and throwing him into the wall.

I heard a crash and the sound of rock falling down followed by a shriek of pain which was ceased after a second, signaling the Angel had been crushed.

I rolled out of the way, just in time to miss getting my head severed by a trident wielding Angel. Her silver hair was done in curls and her face plastered with make-up looked ugly with her fury. I swung my feet up and kicked her in the jaw, sending her off her feet hopefully until I could get on my feet.

Arrows sprinted past my cheek, grazing my curl and cut it short an inch. My eyes caught it and a girly rage flew up in me. My hair...those...ugly bastards cut my bang!

I screamed in rage as I revealed my guns, I don't even remember turning off the safety as my finger instinctively found the trigger and a shower of grey dots spilled out as red waves cascaded over the walls. I ran up and across a wall as hundreds of arrows followed me. My skin prickled as I raised my arms to fire again, I jumped off the wall, the trigger pressed tightly.

I landed like a cat, bouncing on my heels, spun on the balls of my feet, and fired a cascade of grey slugs. The Angels scattered, some just on time and some too late, and I tracked the few that remained. A battle axe swung at me and I bent backwards to avoid it, swinging my feet up and nailing the aggressor in the neck, snapping it- an instant death.

I turned myself into an acrobatic flip and bounced off the wall to give myself more momentum and speed as a rain of darts covered where I had just been. Cra-p, I thought as skidded on the ground, sliding between a larger Angel's legs as a spear struck him instead of me, sending him onto his back.

I gripped the marble flooring to stop myself and stand when a buster sword was lodged into the floor, revealing a bright-eyed red-eyed Marcus as he laughed and tore an Angel's neck open in a quick swipe of claws.

The Angels fell back, shocked, and one knocked another Angel over just as Hanna came in with an open-aired spin, spiraling before touching down and shattering an Angel's head. She was red-eyed as well, crackling like a maniac as she shouldered the bazooka and fired. A great boom came from the large gun and then nearly half of the Angels screamed for a whole second as they blew up into gory pieces.