Task Three- The Vampire Queen of 1842

          It was year 1842. Five years since Princess Amalia had awoken.

            At the moment, she was picking her way over a fallen tree branch, preparing for her next raid on a city.

            Feeling slightly bored, she began to reminisce back to the time when she had had her first bite of human flesh.

            Oh, it was so delicious. She could remember the way her fangs fit so perfectly into that man’s neck, sinking deeper and deeper until it pierced through on the other side of his throat. She remembered the blood splashing out, eventually slowing down into a drip as she sucked his blood away. She remembered the shock on his face, the way on how his lips were slightly parted.

            Prince Aragon, that’s what the humans called him. Prince Aragon of Skydale. One of the many men that had tried and failed to save her. However, to her, he was just a simple human, one that she gorged on in her spare time.

          Afterwards, she had rallied the support of all the other vampires, promising them a good life if they would join her in her conquest of the humans. She would kill each and every human alive on Earth and make sure that vampires could rule. Lust for human flesh and desire for power had driven her to do so.

          Oh yes, the humans did try to retaliate. They found new ways to kill vampires. Some methods were more effective than others, like using silver. Silver was deadly to vampires. At least, for every vampire except her. She was special.

          It had taken some careful planning before she dared to call upon the help of vampires. Something had been holding her back. Something deep within her heart, which she supposed came from the time when she had been human called Amalia. It often told her to do the nice things, such as sparing a human, not kill, and so on. Most of the time, she ignored it, but sometimes, she just couldn’t. The pull was too strong.

          “Milady, our men have killed the human scouts,” a voice rasped. “We are almost at the town of Winthrop, our next target.”

          Amalia turned toward the sound. “Very well,” she said. “Send ten of our men to go further ahead. Induce fear into them before I arrive.” She licked her lips, preparing herself for what would be a good meal.

          “Yes, milady.”

          She watched as ten vampires were dispatched. All of them quickly flew away, each of them longing for human flesh.

          She smiled, baring her fangs. Winthrop was a very small, poor town. It should be an easy kill.

          By the time she arrived, the town was already in chaos.

          Everyone shoved and pushed at each other, desperate to get to safety before the other. Some people tripped in the hustle, but nobody minded them. Some simply leaped over them. Some even stepped on them. More and more people were grabbed and killed by the vampires in the disorder.

          "Help! Help! Save me! Someone help --"

          Her words were suddenly muffled, and the crunch of bones sounded through the air.

          Amalia held in a laugh. This was what only ten vampires did. It was no surprise that even the royal court would be scared of her and her army. She had chosen the palace as her last destination, her last kill, the last place she needed to conquer before she could finally take control of the world.