Chapter 6: Just Fine I Guess

Oliaa's eyes felt heavy, and her mouth was dry. She didn't open her eyes, but shifted in her sleepless state. "Guys she moved, Oliaa? Are you awake?" A familiar voice said, it was warm and fuzzy with a bit of an accent. Oliaa opened her mouth to talk but found that no words came out, and her eyes were way to heavy to open.

"Someone get her some water." A deeper voice sounded, it too had an accent and could recognize it as a British one. "Here Oliaa, open your mouth I have some water." The same fuzzy voice came again. Oliaa obeyed and soon felt a straw on her tongue. Her eyes still heavy, began to lighten as she took large gulps of the water provided.

"Can you open your eyes for us Oliaa?" another voice said, it too was british. Oliaa didn't remember what had happened the night before, so she thought that there were visitors and decided to open her eyes.

"Oliaa? Are you awake still?" the deeper voice asked. thats when the memories came back to her. they flooded her brain all at once. Oliaa's eyes shot open and she sat up as quickly as she could.

She looked around the hospital room, her eyes wide and full of worry. "well, that was a little more than expected." Harry called out chuckling a bit.

Oliaa didn't want to admit it now but she had been scared. She was scared of what might have happened to her if all the boys hadn't been there.

Oliaa relaxed a little as she realized her surroundings. Liam was to her left sitting in a chair holding a plastic cup, Zayn sat next to him quietly looking at his phone. Harry stood at the foot of the hospital bed while Louis and Niall laid on the couch next to the hospital bed on the right.

Niall was curled up in a ball on the farthest end of the couch, a blanket incasing him all for the tips of his hair. And Louis laid sprawled out on the remaining space, pillows strewn all over the floor and on top of him. A blanket lay loosely on his torso forgotten as he stirred, waking up a bit.

The hospital room was small and dismal, there was an enclosed bathroom closer to the entrance of the room. The bed was placed sloppily in the middle of the room. The couch was pushed up against the wall, a large window behind it covered by dark curtains.

Oliaa sat up in fright, forgetting the happenings of yesterday and soon wincing in pain while clutching her torso. "Aghh!" She fell back onto the bed tears slipping from her eyes. "Everything alright?! Please tell me you're ok!" Liam asked while standing to her rescue.

"I'm fine thanks." Oliaa responded more tears slipped from her eyes as she shifted. Oliaa didn't know what was happening as another wave of pain shot up and down her spine. "Ow ok ow! Owey!" She said as she finally gave up trying to sit up straight and laid her head on the pillow.

"Why am I even in a hospital?" Oliaa asked genuinely curious. "You got shot in the rib cage, breaking two of them and puncturing your left lung causing it to collapse." Harry responded.

"Oh a pneumothorax? Ugh, why me?" she said more to herself then to anyone in particular. "Yeah thats what its called." Liam said.

Oliaa's eyes widened in sudden terror and her lip quivered as she asked "where's my father?" she shook at the thought that he might be here as well.

"Um, we haven't seen him yet. Would you like us to call him for-" Harry started to ask but was cut off "NO!" Oliaa shouted in fear. Their eyes widened at her fear and Louis began to stir on the couch. "Um, ok?" Harry replied at her out burst "then what do you want us to do about him?" he asked after a short pause.

"Just tell me what happened to him last night." Oliaa replied. "We don't know who he-" Harry was cut off again. "wait, he was there yesterday night?" Zayn asked "was he the one..." Liam cut off Zayn "that was beating you?" Liam asked worry etched into his face.

Oliaa swallowed down the lump in her throat. She nodded and began to cry into her hands. "yes, that was him. What happened to him?" she asked whipping away the few tears that had escaped her eyes.

"He- the police took him into custody and is being charged for assault." Harry answered with a stern face. "Was- did he ever hurt you before last night?"

Oliaa knew he would ask that and she just cried. She didn't even bother nodding, the tears were the only conformation they needed.

"What's happening? Why are you crying Oliaa?" Louis asked while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Niall wake up! Oliaa's awake now." He said shaking Niall awake.

Niall shot up off of the couch "where why when who how?!" He looked around quickly "Oh Oliaa, you're awake. Why are you crying?" he asked, Oliaa looked over at him and burst into tears again, sitting up and crying even more.

She ignored the pain that she felt tracking through her spine. It felt good, the pain on her body took away the pain in her heart. And she remembered all the times she sat up in the middle of the night crying over the pain she had given her self. The blade falling from her hand as she became unconscious, blood flowing from her hips, her blood.

*Flashback*

Oliaa sat in the small shower stall, preparing herself for the pain she felt every time. She took her shirt up and picked up the blade sliding it over the smooth skin of her sides. Blood flowing, covering the blade, covering her underwear and the floor of the shower.

Her head fell back against the tile of the shower stall as she felt the pain. It felt good, to rid her heart of the pain.

The previous scars still visible, raised white lines, sliced over again and again. Oliaa sat in the shower for a while, leaning in and out of consciousness. She felt relieved for a few seconds, every time the razor hit her skin, she felt all the pain in her life disappear but shortly after it would all return.

She felt as if for those few seconds she had died, and began to float to heaven. And in those seconds she felt happy, the happiest she had ever recalled being in her lifetime.

She slowly reached above her head, turning on the water to a medium heat. The water washed away the blood from underneath her. When the water reached her cuts, it stung and made Oliaa feel happy again. The pain relieving her of her broken emotions.

Oliaa couldn't remember a time when she had been genuinely happy. The way everyone treated her was brutal, no one carried that she existed. She was human, and she realized someone wanted her, she just didn't want to believe it. She couldn't bare the pain any longer.

*flashback end*

"Oliaa? Are you ok?" Liam asked as she came back to earth after her memory. She nodded whipping her cheeks. "Yeah, just a few memories were brought back." She responded.

At that moment a doctor walked into the room. "Is everything alright in here? Did you lot make her cry?" The doctor joked. "No we-" Harry tried to explain. "That'll be a quarter for making a lady cry!" The doctor joked again.

All five of them looked at her expectingly, eyebrows raised. "I'm just kidding with you! Laugh a little!" She said checking Oliaa's charts.

Oliaa laughed a little, but not too much. "Ok Ms. Thomas, you are free to go home, if you aren't feeling dizzy. I'll prescribe your meds and you can pick them up at the pharmacy." The doctor filled out a piece of paper and handed it to Harry.

"Make sure she takes the right amount, we don't want her in here for any other reason now do we?" The doctor said more to Harry, but Oliaa heard it and pitied the days she was in the hospital for those reasons.

The doctor must've remembered her father talking about it. It had been a while back, but she still remembered it vividly. The in and outs of the top floor of the hospital, and remembering the people's names. She met many people, with the same problem as her, depression.

"Here are some clothes we brought you. They might be a bit big, they're Zayn and I's clothing. Hope you don't mind" Liam said to Oliaa handing her a pile of clothing. Oliaa nodded taking the clothing and heading into the bathroom attached to the room.

There were sweatpants, that Oliaa had to roll up several times so she wouldn't trip, and a Pink Floyd t-shirt, which was a bit baggy. She slipped them on and walked out of the bathroom, handing her hospital gown to the doctor.

*A/N: that's all for now :) Xx byee!