Women Fight For Their Lives

Class: EAPP 1500

Type: Opinion Paragraph

I hope you guys enjoy reading. I feel VERY strong about this topic.

******************

                                                    Women Fight For Their Lives

Why should women be judged to be who they want to be? Some say that women are not "wired" to fight in combat. Men say women are too weak and emotional to handle the military atmosphere. They say women might provoke sexual tension and distract men in the military. Men say women can't lead men to fight. They say that women should "know" their place. What place are they talking about? A place where an invisible line separates men and women between their expected duties and roles? This is not a place but a world we live in. We live in a modern world where women have many opportunities to be anything they want to be. Women strive to be President, doctors, dentists, lawyers, police women, teachers, soldiers, etc. Women should have the same rights as men. Women have the potential to pursue their dreams. For the longest time, women were not given a chance to perform the same tasks men did. It wasn't until the 1920's that women got the right to vote. Why not give chances to women to shine their inner strength? The kind of strength that was not allowed to be done and seen before? Not only in the military are women judged, but women are judged everywhere generally. No matter what women can do, they will always be judged by their gender. Women can do the same things as men do and still be judged lower than men. Women fight for their lives not because of the desire of wanting to do the same things as men but to be seen as a human. A human that should be given the chance to make choices, dream, achieve, follow their heart, and have a voice to speak up.