Chapter One

Sorry, my stories got deleted so I had to post it again. Enjoy

Vote...Comment...Fan...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's mid June.

As I stand on the edge of the precipice the crisp air send a chill down my spine as it touches my bare skin; making it feel more like Winter, the remnants of Summer long gone; as it should be on this dreadful day. I look at the dark waters below and watch as the waves disappear and crash against the rocks I cannot see. 

This is it, the end of everything. All I know is gone and there is nothing left for me in this cold dark place. I hear my name being called--it's like a whisper carried along by the wind--I look toward the sound as the wind whips my damp hair across my face, but I don't answer. Not like I need to, I knew he has my scent, but, he is taking his time coming for me. I close my eyes and wish I had the strength to throw myself over the edge, though that wont do anything to me.

Opening my eyes I caught sight of the tear on the hem of the black dress I am wearing. The memory of how it happened comes rushing back to me. The pain in my fathers eyes as he held onto my hand, begging me with his eyes not to go. But I couldn't be there; I couldn't be where they lay the dead to rest. I could not watch as they lowered my sister and my best friend into the ground where they would forever lay. 

I pulled out of my fathers grasp and ran for the woods. I wanted to shift into my wolf to escape the pain. I was so overwhelmed with all the different emotions running through my body that I couldn't concentrate enough to change. So I ran, My vision blurred with unshed tears. I could barely keep my balance on the uneven forest floor. What usually felt like the easiest thing in the world to me--running--was now becoming a daunting task. Branches scraped against my skin and tangled in my hair; but that did not slow me down.

The unshed tears threatened to spill over and matter how hard I tried I could not keep them at bay. Tears ran freely down my face but not before it began to rain; masking the traitorous tears. I pushed my legs to its limit till there was no where else to go except where I am now standing. As I continued to watch the waves roll in I wished I could just jump ; to be lost in the dark waters that seemed so inviting at the moment. 

"Shia?" Luke called out from behind me.

I hated how much I enjoyed the way my name sounded on his lips. Just the sound of his voice brought back memories that I would rather have buried. 

--1 Week Earlier--

It was the first street race of the Summer and I was ecstatic.

The only thing I couldn't stand about going to the races is trying to get through a crowd of skanky girls wearing barely any clothing. You'd think I'd be used to it seeing as how I've been racing for almost three years. I don't think I'll ever get used to those kind of girls; they're disgusting!

"Earth to Shia!" my best friend Bryce said tapping my forehead "You in there?" he asked slightly amused

"What?" I asked slipping back into reality

"You're zoning out again!" he chuckled

"What else is new." I shrugged