CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

The First Day

" Clementine Melinda Hamilton you look absolutely stunning, as always, now if you don't hurry up and stop whining then we'll be late for school...on our first day" Bailey said in absolute annoyance. Bailey and I have been friends since the first time we laid eyes on each other in kindergarten and have been inseparable since. I think it's safe to say she is my other half and frankly enough I don't blame her for being irritated because this was my fourteenth dress change for the morning and school was going to start any minute now, but what can I say, I'm a perfectionist. This wasn't something I did everyday because it usually took me like five minutes tops to get ready but recently my friends and some of my family members have been telling me that I should start taking more pride in the way I dressed and and carried myself due to the extremely sophisticated and well-known family name I carried 'Hamilton'. You see my father owns a large variety of franchise in Malibu, where we lived, and my mother was Miss America of '93. So our family is actually very well known in California and we were quite wealthy, and this I never really cared for.

"I'm sorry, okay here's the deal, go around the block and pick up Summer and Caleb from Caleb's house and come back for me and I promise I'd be ready" I said with an assuring smile on my face, and she nodded in agreement and casually made her way down the stairs. So I quickly pulled my hair into a ponytail with a gold hair tie and got my shoes and bag and ran downstairs because I knew that if I wasn't ready by the time Bailey was back my head would be on a chopping board.

When I reached downstairs my mother had my breakfast of waffles and eggs with a glass of orange juice along with a small container of strawberries, kiwis and grapes sitting on the table. She greeted me with one of her warm hugs and kisses. Just as I was about to sit down to have my breakfast I heard loud irritating sound coming from outside and I knew just what it was so I took a huge bite of my waffles, gulped down some juice, snatched up the container of fruits and headed to the door after bidding my mother farewell.

The drive down to school was extra special because all of our attention was focused on the new couple in the gang Summer and Caleb. They never seemed to be a good match to me because they always bickered about every little thing, but now they were sitting side by side, no bickering what so ever they just seemed to connect in a weird lovey dovey way. It wasn't much of a surprise though, I guess I kind of always saw it coming because Caleb is a quarterback with amazing hazel eyes and luscious light pink lips as well as silky brown hair and Summer is head cheerleader of a beautiful caramel complexion with long hair and shiny eyes. They were absolutely perfect for each other!

As we arrived at school the last bell rang for first period and I was one to never be late so I jumped out of my blazing red Audi and dashed straight to my class. As I was about to enter I came to an abrupt halt as I could not believe what I saw standing before me. A tall, tanned male with soft pink lips and auburn eyes filled with mystery approached me with a sneaky grin on his face and picked up the container of fruits that had fallen from me whilst I was still day dreaming.

"Is this yours ?" he said in the most adorable British accent ever, I stood there silently trying to get a word or two out of my mouth but it never came. "Do you speak English ?" , I tried to answer but still my words were lost, " Hellooo there " he said while waving the container of fruits in front of my face, I tried again to get the words out of my lips and ended up blurting out utter nonsense. I suddenly heard a few giggles and whispers coming from behind him which made me blush in embarrassment and light up like a ripe tomato. Then suddenly, Bailey, the greatest best friend in the world interrupted and whispered something to him. He then let out a sigh and stated that he was now beginning to believe that I was stunned by his amazingly good looks and wonderful charm.Pft! How egoistic of him. Summer walked in and grabbed my hand and pulled me to my desk.