Well, This Is Great

This fan fiction is set in and around 1999 but, in it, Take That never existed. This is a story of them meeting in a different way and...well, you'll just have to see what happens!!

**This is a fan FICTION so none of this is true...unfortunately**

Gary's Pov

"Are you sure you want me to come, Dougie? I mean, surely you and that Jay guy want some time alone?" I pat him on the back knowingly.

"I don't know what you mean Gary..." He looks at me, sparks dancing in his eyes

"You bloody well know what I mean! But if you're gonna be that way, I'll come along. Just, don't expect me to start batting for the other side like you have. I've had enough gay rumours coming my way already from all this business with you. I don't want anymore or it'll ruin me."

Howard gives me a flat look.

"And there's the Gary I'm used to, always looking out for your so called reputation. You're not quite at the top of the charts yet so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'll try to not embarrass you tonight by actually showing affection towards other humans, unlike you."

A frown slowly makes it's way over my face as Howard rolls his eyes, chuckling under his breath.

"You know I don't mean it like that, Dougie, it's just...well...awkward, I suppose."

"Have you ever wondered that maybe you're the only one that feels awkward?" He pushes me slightly, so my head bangs against the wall and, in return, I give him a not so slight punch to the arm.

"Oi Gaz!! Anyone would think that you were jealous." He winks at me before flinging over the door and striding out to the taxi waiting outside.

"Yeah right." I call after him. "I could have any woman in Manchester if I wanted too!"

"But what about the men?" He calls back, jokingly.

I flip him off with a grin and grab my phone and my keys, patting my pockets to check I'm prepared for whatever the night might have in store. I am. Locking up, I undo the top few buttons of my polo shirt and jog to the car, sliding in next to Howard.

As the car approaches central Manchester, I turn to Dougie.

"Where exactly are we going again? You never said." I try to keep the inquisitive air out of my voice.

"Don't be nosy, Barlow." He laughs it off, elbowing me in the side, but as he gets out his phone, fiddling around with it aimlessly, I get suspicious.

"Excuse me," I lean forwards in my seat, towards the driver. "Could you tell me where we are going, please?"

After hearing the conversation in the back, he raises an eyebrow at Howard in the mirror to which he responds to with a low laugh and a quick nod.