Chapter 3

He disregarded me being a princess and I knew, that no one would ever believe me. I was a normal person, but I knew as long as I stay true to myself and whoever I befriend on the way, I had to be honest and understanding with them, I wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world. And to be honest, I was getting sick of speaking in our language. Ethan taught me how to talk in the modern way. I couldn't keep him from my thoughts and the second I thought about him, I was filled with sadness and I hung my head low.

                                      __________ >>>>>>o<<<<<<__________

"Where are you taking me to, Derick? Please don't punish me or ration me to the creatures that lurk here! I'm sorry for pulling on your seams!" I cried, I was half-scared and half-amused. But he didnt even acknowledge me, he grasped my hand and pulled me with him. The forest was beautiful. Trees tall and flowers blooming. Insects buzzing and flying around my head as I observed them, this was quite the adventure I'd have to admit.

  "Love bugs. That's what they are." I confirmed. The little insects flying in circles around my head, it's like they're kissing each other. Everytime I wave my hand above my head, they go away but when I least expect it, there they are again! But I truly don't mind for they are harmless.

   I noticed that twice every few minutes that Derick would steal a glance and look at what I was about with. He'd smile and chuckle. The sun was beginning to set and we heard strange noises and he took something out of his pants. I gasped in suprise when he held it out like a weapon or maybe it was a weapon. I asked him politely,

    "Derick, what is that instrument named?"

     "It's a firearm, or in other words, a gun." he answered plainly.

     "How does it work?" I inquired, awaiting a more detailed reply. I look around me and tried to untangle my dress with the thorns that I got caught up in. I gripped my dress and tugged on it, causing it to rip. I groaned unhappily. I felt someone grab my arm and everything went dark brown. I was unconcious weren't I?

     "Little girl."

    I'm approaching the light, just you wait!

     "Hey, you."

     Almost there. The voice was growing louder and louder.

      "PRINCESS! What are you doing?!"

       Unexpectantly, I see Derick's face and blush red. A leather fabric was covering my face so I couldn't see. I felt very embarrassed so I stormed away stomping my feet like a spoiled brat. I made my way to a river and dashed quickly and dipped my hands into the cold, icy water. I splashed my face and rubbed the dirt away. I sat back and looked to my side. I let out a scream that could reach many other kingdoms. Someone came to my side really quickly and it was Derick. He sure has a good ear. I stuttered trying to confide in him what was wrong but I couldn't find the words and I bit my tongue by accident instead. I groaned in pain.

     He probably noticed I was in bitter agony and asked me what was the matter.

  He was holding back a chuckle, I could see it. I was annoyed and his being here was only making it worse.

    We both stared at each other awkwardly for a while before he stood up and said that we must be going before darkness would fall and darken the path to this city he speaks of.

  I wondered what it looked like, this city he spoke of, did it have a castle and a dungeon where they locked the thieves and bandits in? What kind of food was served there? What dresses were in style? I desperately needed a new one to cover the ugliness of the one I have now. There were just so many questions and wonders. I could not wait any longer or I would die of excitement.