Chapter 18 - Echo Vs Kaitou

Kaitou jumped up and looked around. Malen and Oren were gone. "What do you think Moons reaction would be?" "Should i start going by Echo now...What if it was all fake...it felt real...and now i remember more that what that showed me." Kaitou paced back and forth thinking of what he should do. "Should i...visit them...my real family." He said "Kaitou..." Melody said "Yes?" "What are you doing out here?" She asked "Umm...Just...Just thinking." He said "You look shocked...what wrong?" "I'm...I'm just...tired." He said "Okay well...come inside." Melody said as she and Kaitou walked back into the den. "Get some sleep." She whispered "I'm watching the pups tonight." "Okay." Kaitou said as he laid down in his small cave above the pups. "Night." Melody said "Night."

Kaitou could not get any sleep that night. He kept thinking about his real name, his real family, his real parents, and his real personality. "What should i do?" He thought "I feel like i should meet them." He said "But what if i like it there better...what if i never come back!" He said "But...Melody is my mate...i have to come back." "Or she can come with me." Kaitou thought for a while on what he should do. He decided to stay for now until he thought the time was right. "Should i tell Melody?" "What would she say?" "Umm...Melody..." Kaitou said "Yes?" "I need to talk to you...in private." "Umm...Okay...Let's talk outside." Kaitou and Melody walked outside and sat down. "Okay so what?" She said "I remembered something...something about my past." He said "What do you mean?" "Before i could not remember anything until i was 6 but...Male...I mean last night i remembered everything." He said "What did you remember?" She asked "I remember that my name was Echo...and my brothers and sisters and parents were...different." He said "Uhh...Yeah i'm going to go inside and help the pups...okay." She said as she walked in. "I'm telling the truth." He said "Got to go!" She yelled as she continued to walk. "Maybe Malen can help." He said as he started to run to ShadowClan.

Once Kaitou got to ShadowClan he noticed that they were in a pack meeting. He hid behind a tree to listen into the conversation. "Now Malen...Oren...Did you do what i said?" Flower asked "Yes...Alpha." Oren said "Good now that he knows he won't be coming around here any time soon." She said "Now t..." Malen interrupted her "Why would that stop him from coming?" She asked "He will be busy thinking about his real past too much...heck he might even leave to see them." She said "Now tonight i want all the guards to protect our supplies." She yelled "I don't want the same thing to happen again." "Psst." Kaitou whispered to Malen. "Malen." He whispered "What the heck are you doing here?" She whispered "I need you to come with me." "What...Flower would kill me." She said "Just come on." He said "I'm not aloud to leave a pack meeting." She said. One of the guards sniffed the air. "Hurry the guards are suspicious!" He said "I can't." "Well...you know...if they see me talking to you they are going to kill both of us." He said. Malen stared for a second. "Okay let's go!" She said as she walked behind the tree trying not to be seen. "Wait!" One of the guards said as he jumped up on the rock. "There is an outside here." He yelled "Guards...scan the area!" Flower yelled. "Come on hurry!" Kaitou said as they ran out of the pack.