A ring of salt will protect you

Song: little Amber bottles by Blanche

"Selena! Where are you?" He screamed into the old house while looking around for her, but he heard no reply. "Come on Selena! God dammit!"

The lights in the corridor flickered and he felt something he hadn't felt in years rise within him, Fear.

Kaleb could feel his heart beat faster with each beat, his breathing came out in ragged breathes and with the temperature slowly dropping he could see his breath. 

"You Know it's not safe in the dark." An eerie voice hissed by his ear.

The tingle in his spine grew into an earthquake, but the scream got caught in his throat.

"You're a cutie aren't you the boss will love you." A different more feminine voice said.

A cold hand gripped his upper arm hard and pulled him towards door to the side. He tried to break free but it was useless whom ever was holding him was too strong.

"Please let me go." Kaleb begged.

Still the hands continued to drag him. A scream resonated the house off in the distance and he knew it was Selena.

"Selena! You have to let me go!" He yelled at his captures.

The door in front of him opened seemingly on its own, he felt his feet drop on something. He soon realised it was stairs.

His feet were dragged down the stairs, his upper body suspended by the cold hands on his arms. He could faintly see a light at the bottom, his eyes tried to focus, to make out his surroundings.

Soon his feet were no longer dragging on stairs but stumbling on a flat surface.

A slapping sound was heard not like skin being slapped but like a person walking with their bare feet on a wet surface, the sound came from beside him but no one was there.

The light Kaleb soon found, was from a candle on an old wooden desk.

"What do you want?" Asked a scarily calm voice.

Kaleb recognised that voice from some where.

"Sorry boss but we found a boy in the hall and thought you might like him." The feminine voice said quickly and sounded almost scared.

"Bring him closer." The feminine voice demanded.

Kaleb was dragged to a corner and as his eyes adjusted to the dim light he could make out the shape of a young woman.

"Yes he's great you two are excused." The boss said.

He heard the slapping sound again retreating from him before he heard the door to the stairs close.

"Well Kaleb, how the mighty have fallen." The voice said with humor.

Finally the name of it's owner came to him.

"Amber." He stated.