Chapter 2

ⓉⒷ

•Carter's POV•

I can't believe she's my mate. I don't even love her and I've had my eyes set on someone for a long time now. And I mean look at her. She's doesn't have the quality of a Luna let alone her looks, what a let down to have her as the pack's Luna. In a word, it is just simply unacceptable.

"Carter, come here for a second," my dad, George, gestured for me to enter his office.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked impatiently.

"I know that you've already found your mate," he said calmly.

Damn! How dare she tell me dad that we're mates! I should've just rejected her then and there. This is unbelievable, my birthday's supposed to be filled with surprises but not this kind of surprises.

"I know what you're thinking Carter. She, whoever your mate is, did not tell me about this. I just simply felt your power get stronger. And us as Alphas have our powers strengthen when we find our mate," he simply stated.

"But dad, I don't love her. She isn't even fit to be called a Luna," I protested.

"How is that possible that you don't love her? Accept her, for the Moon Goddess have chosen her for you. You should feel rather lucky that you found yours," he insisted.

"No, dad. There's no way in hell that I'm mating with that pathetic excuse of a mate of mine," I said angrily.

"Mate with her or you don't get to be Alpha. You choose," he said and frustratedly dismissed me.

'No, she's not. She's the perfect Luna this pack and let alone you will ever have,' said my wolf.

I did my best and ignored his rants when suddenly an idea popped in my mind. This might be the best plan that I have conjured among the others. And that is to use her to be alpha and leave her when I get what I want.

Isn't it just ironic if two plays this game with both superiority? She better watch out because I won't even dare to take another glance at her, let alone love her. Let's just say I'll have myself quite entertained for a while.

I went downstairs and looked all over the house. Then, I suddenly smelt her scent leading to the attic. I followed it and saw her sleeping peacefully.

"Hey, wake up," I faintly nudged her arm.

She groaned and slowly opened her mesmerizing eyes. Then, she slowly scrunched up her nose out of pure curiosity of who it might've been. She looks cute and innocent and ---.

Ugh, I can't let her affect me like this. She's not even worth it. Or maybe she is? No, there is no backing out. What's supposed to be done must be done, for the pack.

'Is it really?' my wolf simply questioned.

When realization hit her, she quickly stood up and bowed down her head in respect. But I quickly lifted her chin and stared at her for a while. Then, I realized she is pretty.

No way!

What is happening to me?!

"What's your name, Beautiful?" I said plastering fascination.

'Ugh, as if she is,'I groaned mentally.

"Nic-, Nicole Miller," she murmured.

My wolf purred and I tried to control every part of me to contain myself from moaning but failed miserably.

"Nicole, you're my mate," I said stating the obvious.

"I know and I-I thought you were going to reject me," she whimpered.

"No, no you're my mate and I would never do anything like that. (As if!) I love you, Nicole," I insisted.

When out of the blue, Nicole suddenly enclosed me in an embrace and felt her tears pour down and wet my shirt. I instinctively rubbed my hand in circles in her back, helping her sooth down.

I pulled out of the embrace and felt-- longing? No way?!

"Nicole, as my mate I want everyone to know your mine. And I thought this might he the best time for them to know," I said feigning enthusiasm.

"Sure," she said.

I pulled her along with me, downstairs where the party was being held. And saw envious female pack members sneering and gaping at why I was with her.

I took off to the stage and pulled her along with me. I tapped the microphone to gain the pack's attention.

"Today, I want to say thank you for all of you who have come here with me to celebrate," I said with all gratitude when the whole pack cheered and clapped.

"And as of today, I want all of you to meet my mate, your future Luna, Nicole Miller," I stated when the pack suddenly became stunned and utterly speechless.

I pulled her in the stage with me and protectively pulled her into an embrace to get the act going and to show the pack that I somewhat accept her and love her, I guess.

"That is all and I hope you enjoy the rest of the party," I said flashing my best smile.

The pack returned to their senses and showed enthusiasm to meet, greet their future Luna. They accepted her, unlike me.

I will never.

Scratch that.

I can never accept her.

Vote and Comment

He's such a selfish hypocrite. Ugh, I hate his guts but there's more surprises to come!! Hope you liked it!! :)

What do think is he planning? :|

Angela Bianca

Vote

Comment

Fan