Chapter 5: The intruder

I could hear footsteps from my room, the intruder was currently making their way into the kitchen. I swallowed a lump down my dry throat, trying to think of what to do in this situation.

It could be anybody..anybody! I started thinking to myself of all the possible intruders they could be and replaying the scenes in my mind again, and again. 

"Okay" I whispered out loud. I'm going to have to do something here.

I looked around the room and grabbed the first heavy object I could find. It was your typical basball bat, and these scenes never went well in the movies. I held the bat over my shoulder and slowly crept out of my room, my feet making little pit-pats over our soft cashmere carpet.

Crash

I swear I flipped out when I heard a crash coming from downstairs, I tried to remain calm but I couldn't contain it in. My shirt felt like I had just ran a mile with all the sweat under my armpits and my feet had suddenly gone cold. Okay, I thought, there's only one way to do this.

Being the stupid teenage girl I am I didn't bother to phone the police, no. I gathered up all my teenage hormones into one big ball inside of me and suddenly felt like I had just turned Super Saiyan. I ran down stairs, and on instinct went to wack the person with the baseball bat held tightly in my hands when I heard a screech.

"HOLLY?!"

I froze right there and dropped the bat. I looked down to see Mrs.Millers..Uh I mean Heather standing before me. Her mouth was wide open and she was semi crouching down with her hands in the air to block my attack. 

Shit, was the only word that came to my mind right now.

"Uhm..um..Mrs.Millers..wait no, Heather!" I said quickly. 

"Holly, i'm sorry about that, I should of informed you earlier." she said, straightnening herself up.

"Uh..about..what excatly?" I questioned slowly...

"Oh well you see your mother informed you that she was going away for a while right? Well she gave us the house key so me and Evan will be taking care of you!" She said enthusiastically, like she had just forget that I had tried to knock her out with a baseball bat.

"Oh..well I thought someone had just broke in, im sorry about that.." I said trailing off, a frown appearing on my face at the thought of Evan.

"Well I was going to cook you something, it was a request from your mother to cook you dinner, how does Lasagne sound?" She questioned, slightly raising her right eyebrow.

"Oh uhm, great, but lasagne has..meat." I said trailing off yet again, finding it awkward too tell her I was a vegetarian.

"Oh don't worry, I remember clearly, Im using Quorn. The way you like it right?" She beamed. 

"Mhmm" I said back, hearing a vibration coming from my pocket, guessing it was Lia. Of course Lia was going to bombared me with question as to why I had detention today.

"Great!" She said, and then she had studied what I was wearing. " Oh and Holly, Evan might be coming over so would you mind ehm..changing?" She asked as politely as she could.

"Oh..sure!" I replied, a tinge of pink had appeared on my cheeks from her comment as I made my way back upstairs, taking the baseball bat back to my room, incase a real intruder did come.

-------------------------

A while later I was dressed in a pair of skinnys, and my favourite hoodie. No I wasn't going to be dressing up for Evan, or well..The Devil..Yes that suits him better. I was soon snapped out of my heavy thinking when I heard my phone vibrate, it was in the pocket of the pyjama shorts I were wearing, which where currently on the ground. I picked it out and checked my messages, All from Lia, I guessed well..