Eloquence Chp.5

Chapter Five

                                                        It's said that love is a funny thing.

                            However Society does not agree. They say love is a dangerous thing.

                   I am very much  inclined to believe that they are completely and unwaveringly right.

(Eloi POV.)

I slipped into Eloise's fathers study seeing his hunched form lying on the desk, slight snores filled the room. As I had promised no one would think Eloise had been away when she came back I just hadn't told her that I would be filling in for her, and that I would be making a few slight changes to her reality. I doubt she would've agreed if I had.

Jas had taken quite a shine to the less out going Eloise I had produced. Less questions, more doting and attentive serving to his needs. Furthermore Eloise's father was much more agreeable with this placid girl. Although I'm sure Iris loathed Eloise now, passionately. I dodged the sleeping form and went to the drawers beside him opening them and rumaging around.

I was looking for that stupid piece of leather that Eloise normally wore. I had been wearing it but had taken it off when Mabelle bathed me for bed and it had dissappeared from my, I mean Eloise'e vanity. Of course I had been down to see Eloise whilst she slept but it had not been with her when I had searched her in the 'retreat', just because she was happy down there it didn't mean that she wouldn't sneak up here to get that stupid string of leather. 

I had a sneaky suspicion that someone had taken it, and I was having a hard time holding Eloise's image without it as my hair was completely different to hers. Iris did not have it and neither did Mabelle, I suspected that Daddy dearest might be concealing it but after a thorough rummage I concluded that the strip was not going to be found here. I seriously doubted that lover boy Jas would take that from her. Why would he take something that he'd given to her away again? It just wouldn't make sense now.

"Looking for this child?" My head shot up from the papers I was reading over Father's arm, I mean Eloise's father's arm. Jas Remington was standing in the doorway twirling the leather strip around his hand staring at me intently. I felt myself blushing a bright scarlet. He was going to ruin it all.

"You?" I slowly walked toward him, "why?"

"I think you know why, where is the Eloise I was tutoring earlier today?" My head shot up in a stubborn show of anger. I knew he'd ruin it.

"I don't know what your talking about," I made a grab for the leather only to have it hiked out of my reach and to end up in Jas's arm.

"I like the fire that I saw in your eyes when Iris hugged me. I loved the passion you radiated when your fingers padded across those Ivory keys, why did you lose the you I was teaching earlier?" I sighed in relief, he hadn't known that I was not Eloise.

"I thought you liked the obediant me, don't you?" He smiled spinning me around and tying my hair up, I felt the complete embodiment of Eloise flow through me once again.

"I like the you I met today, not the you that impresses your father." He kissed my hand and bowed low before striding from the study I smiled leaning on the door frame watching his retreating back.

I repeated his words over in my head feeling an unfamiliar sensation rush through me. I shot out of my positition shaking my head in dusgust, closing the study door and walking back into Eloise's room where Iris slept soundly. I climbed in beside her careful not to move too much and replayed the scene with Jas over in my head. Trying to tell myself that I was only analysing the relashionship that him and Eloise shared, but in truth I think we all knew that I was lying.

(Eloise's POV.)

I awoke in my bed clothes, lying beside Iris back in reality. I sat up looking around my room throwing the bed sheets off and kneeling on the floor trailing my fingers along the floorboards searching for the loose one that would take me away. No crack in the floor was to be found.

"What are you doing?" I turned around seeing Iris looking at me with ruffled hair and a less than happy exspression, I briefly wondered where the bubbly girl from yesterday had gone but threw the thought aside sliding my eyes over the floor one last time in vain hope.

"Nothing."

I grabbed an old dress from the end of the bed post and my undergarments from the draw dissapperaing behind my room divider. I had long ago practised and perfected the art of tying my own corset and dressing myself, which these clothes should've made impossible. Although it meant wearing my corset back to front the dress I was to wear would hide this secret nicely. Mabelle hadn't minded me dressing myself as long as father did not find out, that was until father noticed that my posture was slipping and Mabelle  had suspected that I was loosely tying my corset for ease of breathing which was true. Since then I'd lost all self dressing privilages.

"You can dress yourself," Iris's now interested voice floated over the divider toward me. An idea popped into my head.

"Every Lady of a high stature can," I added an innocent tone to my voice, truthfully I suspected no one else knew and a Lady would never dream of trying to dress herself, but I wouldn't let Iris know that. This would've been insult aimed straight at her and her family but it was only met with an amused laugh, it tinkered like the sound of bells and made me feel sick. I could almost see my insult transforming in the air to please her, even my own words were against me.

"You mean every brothel house whore the morning after," She continued to laugh until I walked from behind my didvider with what I hoped was a firey exspresssion, I looked towad my vanity finding my strip of leather and a neatly scrawled note in the most beautiful hand writinng,

                                                            'No one missed you. x'

                                                                            .E.

I smiled weaving the leather into my hair remembering the tiny figure from last night, she was truly beautiful and on second thoughts was not as young as I had first labeled her to be. Lost in these thoughts I had not noticed Iris who'd stopped laughing and now stood behind me until she made me jump by placing her hands over mine feeling the leather in my hair.

"Where did you get that," I turned ignoring my increased heart rate, attempting to still convey anger.

"It was given to me, as a present. When I was young, why?" Iris looked as though she'd seen a ghost, her eyes flickered to my face and she smiled. I briefly wondered why I'd told the truth.

"I see why," She hugged me fleetingly and stepped back, "Don't trust him."

I began to shake my head turning away, "I don't under-" Iris grabbed my shoulders spinning me to face her,

"Under no circumstances should you trust him!" She grabbed my dressing gown and sped from the room and down the hall leaving me stood in shock, what was with her nosey interference in my life?

A/N This is only a half chapter but I haven't uploaded in a while so here it is. :L Like? Dis-like tell me all your thoughts I  want to know.