ChapteЯ 17: Pink. Fluffy. DANGER.

Hey guys! I appreciate all of your messages, comments, votes, and most importantly your support! I can’t tell you how relieved I feel after telling most of you (there was just so many).  But I did read each one, and I want to say thanks. You guys are amazing!

Not proof-read, btw, BUT I wanted to get this one out! And excuse me for the crappiness of some parts.  I have been suffering a major sickness called sluggishness.  Affects are laziness, lack of sleep, and intolerable busyness.   

But KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING! It motivates me to write and update faster! And it cures my disease ;)

Now.....Drum roll.......

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

ChapteЯ 17: Pink. Fluffy. DANGER.

Was I dead?  I think I was dead.  I mean, I should have been dead. A thin bar, a broken lifejacket and a flimsy boat didn’t really stand a chance against a 100 metre drop.  Not to mention the boat probably weighed over 500 pounds with four grown people in it. 

The fair had extended the Haunted Tunnel, the ride reaching to the lake where the waterfall was.  It did bring us back around to the fair though.  I think someone would have sued if it didn’t.  A 60 mile walk?  I’d want my lawyer. 

“That. Was. Awesome!” Jeff hooted, being the last one out. 

Did I forget to mention we were soaked from waist up? 

Driz and I shot him a look of disgust, our dresses saturated in water.  I mentally thanked Driz for forcing me chose water-proof make-up. 

“I apologize, ladies,” Clint weakly said, flicking his hair.  “I never thought we’d get wet.”

The glare was wiped off of Driz’s face, replaced by an angelic smile.  “It’s fine, babe.  I had fun clinging onto you,” she said with a laugh.

Babe? 

I arched a brow at my friend who clearly didn’t notice the abrupt nickname and fluttered her lashes. 

Clint, on the other hand, just smiled like that wasn’t the most abnormal thing she could have done.  Scratch that.  Throwing himself at him and showering the poor guy with kisses would be the most abnormal thing.  Actually.  On her standards, I think that would be considered typical.  Calling him a potato would be abnormal. 

“So what’s next?” I asked, hoping to draw Driz’s attention. 

Jeff eyes brightened and he grabbed my hand.  Pulling me back into the crowd, I could barley catch up with that athlete and was panting moments later.  On the verge of begging him to stop, we finally halted at the carnival stage. 

A group had already formed, waiting for a performance to begin. 

“Why are we here?” I whispered, looking around. 

Jeff wrapped his arm around my waist, his deep voice rumbling against my ear.  “Look.” 

I followed his gaze to a small table sitting by the stage.  My eyes widened.  “Judges?  Why are there judges?”  I remained silent, my thoughts beginning to collect themselves.  A sudden flash of nerves jolted and I shook my head.  “No, no!  Those are Bel Air Beauty judges too!  I look terrible, Jeff!  We can’t be here!”

Failing to wiggle away, he tipped my chin so we could see eye to eye.  “Ly-a.  Trust me on this.  They shouldn’t be judging you for what you look like.  They should be judging you by your amazing personality. The importance of beauty isn’t on the outside, but on the inside.”  He dipped his head lower, enough for a mere inch to dangle between our lips.  “And sweetheart, you’re beautiful on the inside and out.”